Best amp for 2 Kicker L7 D2

1stepcl0ser
Unregistered guest
I'm looking at getting two Kicker L7 D2s but don't know what the best amp choice would be. Here are a few I am considering.

Kicker 1200.1
Rockford Fosgate 1500BD
Phoenix Gold R15.0
HiFonics TX1505D

I'd like to run the speakers at 750RMS or as close as possible. I was thinking of going with the Kicker 1200.1. Any of the others be any better or does anyone have a better suggestion?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1391
the kicker is the best one on the list, or u might want to look at Re 12.1, JBL 1200.1

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2447
Must u get the 2ohms dvc version & not the 4ohms version ?........

1stepcl0ser
Unregistered guest
I'd be wiring it down to 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 278
the rockford would probably be the most powerful it would do about 1650 watts @ 2 ohms. I've had experience w/ rockford amps and i like them the kicker would not be a bad choice either the hifonics is overrated but cheaper. Phoenix gold would be better then the hifonics but not as good as the kicker or rockford. definatley consider the jbl 1200.1 also like mr.brown said :-)

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1395
4ohms or bust

1stepcl0ser
Unregistered guest
Price is not really the issue. jbl do make some good amps but would the kicker or rf not be worth the price? As far as it goes it doesn't matter as long as I reach around 750RMS per sub with a clean power. Can't expect much sq out of a l7 but it is a downfire box so I think most speaker would sound a bit muddy.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2454
"I'd be wiring it down to 1 ohm" - with 2) 2ohms dvc subs u meant ?

they can only be wired into 2 or 8ohms configurations NOT 1ohm .

OR do u mean u want to run 1 amp/sub ???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us