I did 160.1dB on the TL this weekend!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1569
in the port...lol

i got a chance to do a test-n-tune in mcccomb, ms, before the show...so i tried super port and did 160.1 :-)

I also tested w/ my daily port and I did 138.6dB @ 28hz

all i did was mess around w/ seat placement, windows, etc...did even change my box and i gained .7dB. Did 148.0 @ 48hz at the comp.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1361
congrats

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 160
how did you change your box

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 161
or was that supposed to be "didnt even"

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1571
yea, i didnt change it. i just found out what door to open, how far to roll the window down, and were to move the seats.

that 148 made me happy, but what i really like was that 138.6 @ 28hz w/ my daily port:-)

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 988
lol...
anyways marshall...dont u have a site that u have 2 vids on?..wats that hosts thing(bandwidth and crap like that) and is it free?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3702
awesome marshall to do 138.6 db at 28 hz man

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1572
thanks for the congrads guys, fell like w/ more power and a better braced box...i could possibly get 149+. (i think i'm gonna get my Sx reconed w/ MT soft parts and send it more power.)

compluva,
the site is putfile.com and its free. all i remember is that you can put files upto 30mb each on the site.

my putfile is:
www.putfile.com/marshall_white

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 334
marshall, bracing your box can sometimes hurt your score drastically. Internal turbulance can change/break the wave leading to a lower score.
What car are you using and what is your set-up, maybe I can help.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 701
Hold on, what's the difference between your "regular" port and a super port?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 335
Regular "port wars" has the 8" globe attacted to the mic so it cant fit into tight spaces.

As for "super port" the mic can be taken out of the globe and placed anywhere, even in the port.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3709
SO Zac your saying he would probably be better with a whole new box maybe with double .75 walls or more depending like the van with the team 420 group....They had like six .75 pieces of mdf on the front wall alone...am i right?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1573
zac,

i'm planning to brace the box on the OUTSIDE, not inside. the box is just 1 layer of 3/4" mdf..i have a 1/2" threaded rod bracing it now, but thats about it. i'm prolly gonna brace the outside of the box w/ 2x4's (or maybe just another layer of MDF)

here are some pics of the box:
www.sounddomain.com/id/southern1inla

my box rise is ~3.3ohm, so the sub is seeing ~750-850wrms at burp freq. (amp is a jbl bp1200.1) this setup is in a 98 ext cab silverado. I have a 180A alt, all 1/0 wire, and a stock batt.

tyler,
i use interchangable ports. my daily port is 50sq inches and is supposed to tune the box to 31hz, but being that i peaked w/ 28hz (in the kick) w/ that port in..i think i messed up on my math and the port actually tunes to box lower that 31hz.

my SPL port is 90 sq. inches and tunes to box to ~46hz. (i did the 148 in the kick w/ this port...also did the 160.1 in the port w/ it)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 342
The box in my Rex in one layer of 3/4MDF. It does 161.5 with 4 MMats amps. I doubt your box really needs any more bracing than it already has. I did notice the threaded rod your using. It isnt really doing much good without having a washer and nut on the inside as well as the outside, that is key . As for the design, it looks good. But every huge number i've ever seen out of a truck has been subs forward and port up along the entire back wall, but that doesnt mean your design cant make huge numbers to, like you said, you need alot more power. I'd like to see how well it does with more watts.
Ok, heres one that should gain you at least one or two tenths.
Go to the local lumber yard, home depot, whatever, and buy 1/4 round trim. Just ask for it, they'll know what it is. Your going to want to cut this to length to go along the edges of the entire inside of your box. Next, go to Autozone and buy a gallon of fiberglass resin. resin the entire inside of the box with at least 2 or 3 coats. Dont forget to do the port as well. Oh ya, the port, i dont know the exact size of your port but you need to change it so there isnt any dead space behind and around it in the box, to something more like this.

Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1578
I know exactly what your talkin about zac. I was planning on doing rounded corners and a slot-port w/ my next box. (prolly 5-5.5cuft, w/ ~90-100sq inches of port)

i'm glad you said something about the threaded-rod...having washers and bolts on the inside completly slipped my mind. i ment to do that but i guess i never did, lol.

like you said, i figured resin would help me too. (mainly because ducttape on the port gave me .3)

do you think my jbl bp1200.1 could handle a burp at .25ohm nominal? (i'm thinking about getting Pat Day or Matt Sibley to recone my SX)

oh yea zac, dont you run 4 mmats 3000.05's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3726
I still say my port horn idea would gain 1 to 2 full db
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us