Best amp- avalanche 15"

Bronze Member
Username: A444w444m

Post Number: 88
what would be the best amp to get for one ascendant audio avalanche 15"? it pushes 800 watts rms at one ohm. i DO NOT want an amp that blocks some of the lower frequencies. i want a good amp but i don't wanna pay too much, maybe max 400- 500. plz giv the amp, its price, and a link to the website

Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 7
Was just gonna ask the same ? any help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 489
since i'm a big JL fan, i'd say go with a 500/1. 500 watts, 11 to 14 volts, 1.5 to 4 ohms, goes for about $300 on ebay.
you could also look at orion, kicker, rockford....ect. just gotta match numbers.
www.woofersetc.com is a good place to start, or ebay

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 423
go with the jl 1000/1. that will give you some headroom. i just recently purchased one on ebay for 450 bucks plus shipping. it is slightly used according to the seller but still has the origianl box and he also said not a scratch on it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2455
I'd pick any good 1000wrms amp like
RF 10001bd
Crossfire 1000
PPI 1000
Jl 1000/1
Diamond D61000.1 etc...

Chad have u received it as yet ......

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2595
ppi pcx 2200 is a nice amp and it puts out 800 watts rms at 4 ohms bridged and that whould be really nice with the avalanche. I use to own that amp until i sold it.

CrossFire VR1000D is also another good choice and that is what i used on my Avalanche 15 and it sounded amazing.

Cant go wrong with the JL 500/1 / Go for about $300 used on ebay and thats a great amp for the Avalanche.

Username: Kingjames

OH USA

Post Number: 8
would the JL 500/1 be good enough or should i go all out and get the JL 1000/1 trying t save a little bit of money because i plan on doing other things to my car also ( rims, alarm, tint ) So the ? is will the 500 give me enough bump?

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 236
Is there ever such a thing as "enough" bump? lol.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2605
500/1 will be an excellant choice for a Avalanche sub.

Remember the 500/1 is underated and the Avalanche 15 is very efficiant and only needs 500-800 watts rms to get it loud and sounding good.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 467
superfly-i should get that friday. the seller said he is going to ship on monday.

mo-what are you saying man. the 1000/1 is not a good choice then.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2606
Young Padawon / The jl 1000/1 is a good chocie for this subwoofer aswell or even 2 of these subs. Im just telling you that the JL 500/1 will sound just as good as if you put in a 1000/1 and if it were me i whould go with the 500/1 personally to run off this amp. You save money and it will sound very nice and loud. NOthing wrong with going with the 1000/1 but it puts out more then the Avalanche needs since the Avalanche is rated at 800 watts rms and chad the owner of ascendant audio has told me that 500-750 watts is optimum range for it and also the warranty wont be void in that region.

Dont forget how efficiant this sub is. I have owned one and can tell you first hand. Especially if you go ported

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4219
the difference between the 500/1 and the 1000/1 is roughly 3 db's so you figure out if it is worth the cost difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us