Recommended
power connection: 2-Gauge
Input type: Independent Low Level RCA
Dimension: 2 1/2" x 10 3/8" x 15"

Bronze Member
Username: 78elcaminoman

Dallas, Texas United States

Post Number: 65
come on anyone, can yall help me out, ive been on search for an amp for a while now and just dont know what to get i want 1 amp, to be able to power both my subs

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1427
that might be to powerful, look at Kicker KX2500.1 or Orion 2500D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
ok, say i was to get the earthquake amp, could i run the subs off of it and sum speakers with it to make it to where its not to much, im new to this and i wanna make sure my system is noticed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
and also if that would work could yall tell me how or find a link for me to show how i would go abouts Hooking all this up

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 30
im not totaly positive...but its a monoblock amp..so im prett sure u cannot run speakers on it..just subs..thats pretty dam powerful tho..if money isnt an issue get a jl audio 1000/1 amp..and that can power a huge amount of subs ..any combo of 1.5 ohms -4 ohms...only amp that can do this..and jl audio is one of the best. then just buy a smaller amp for your speakers..u dont need as much powerin the speakers as in the subs..and for hooking it up..get it professionaly installed

Bronze Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 32
im not totaly positive...but its a monoblock amp..so im prett sure u cannot run speakers on it..just subs..thats pretty dam powerful tho..if money isnt an issue get a jl audio 1000/1 amp..and that can power a huge amount of subs ..any combo of 1.5 ohms -4 ohms...only amp that can do this..and jl audio is one of the best. then just buy a smaller amp for your speakers..u dont need as much powerin the speakers as in the subs..and for hooking it up..get it professionaly installed]

if u already have that amp....use it..dont but a new one for your subs...just buy a small one on ebay for your speakers...but make sure you speakers can handle alot ofpower

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
so will that amount of power hurt my subs

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 66
not if u keep the bass boost low and keep the gain/level almost 75% down

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 27
Yea like blaine westropp says this is a mono amp and while you could run your speakers from it they would become mono speakers and not stereo. If you are going to get a good sub amp you don't want to sacrifice sound quality by having your other speakers running off the mono amp. Either get a single stereo amp with at least 4 channels - one and two connect to the speakers and bridge channels 3 and 4 for the sub or buy two separate amps - one mono for the sub and one stereo (and smaller) one for the other speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 615
You can't run full range speakers off of that amp. That amp is class D, need class A/B to run comps/coaxials. Full range speakers wouldn't handle that amount of power either.
You could run 2 SXs off of that amp, as long as you can handle yourself with not maxing out the volume.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 616
Also, assuming that amp actually puts out that power. What company/model is that amp? All I can read on it is Earthquake.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 72
i believe it can put out 3000w rms...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
the brand is earthquake, and the model is PHD5000W, and this stuff is going in a 1978 el camino, yes it will fit, so i mean this s*it is going to get loud in a hurry so i dont think ill have any problems going up to high on volume

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 169
$1600 amp msrp, and went to website no info on volts tested at or number and fuse ratings on amp. alot to be considered unless your getting that amp dirt chep or off the back of a truck. i am a firm believer of no name product, but must have some stats to help back it up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us