Help with the S15L7s again plzzzz

Username: Sts15l7

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 7
hey guys wassup...u know what happened? the 2 l7s that i had...the company sent me 2 different kinds...i have a 2-ohm and a 4-ohm one...so i gotta return the 4-ohm one for a 2-ohm one...but the guys that installed my system jus put one of the subs in for now...

i was jus worried cuz c i expected this system to be crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy loud...like where ppl would hear the bass b4 they c the car u know? but the thing is my friend's telling me that theres tooo much insulation on the backseat of my car and thas stopping the bass from getting outta the trunk and into the car...the bass is great inside the car...it jus doesnt seem to go out all that far OUTSIDE the car...so i dunno do u guys know anything about cadillac sevilles and how to get rid of some of the insulation or anything? lemme know anythinggggggg plzzzz...thanx so much...

-mir

Anonymous

rather than be anoying to everyone else just leave it and add some dynomat to your interior and make it real loud for yourself and not everyone else and when needed roll your window down next to someone and bother them then....
besides, driving around with a system that everyone hears a block away will get stolen faster then one that sounds great inside the listening area

Annoy
Unregistered guest
annoying people is what's fun. Plus, all the younger crowd loves it. So Hush your hole!

crazy white boy
Unregistered guest
Dude the hole point of having a system is to get attention from people wheather its good or bad. I love annoying people. When I role up to a stop light and theres a bunch of older people giving me the evil eye because of my stereo. that kind of thing gives so much joy inside I just want to turn the bass up even more to really piss them off. hahaha

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 8
hahaha

white boy and annoy i agree w/ u guys loll...but what anonymous is saying makes sense too...sooo yeah thanx for the advice guys :-)

ohh i should prolly tell u guys...right now im only bumping ONE of the subs and i think it hits pretty good...cuz i was driving around the other day and i put off 7 alarms lol...and a lotta girls jus start dancing like bout half a block b4 i pass them up so im sure they hear it and thas y they dance...so yeah i dunno im happy w/ it now lolz...

thanx for all the help though guys :-) much appreciated

-mir

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2252
if you're using a 2 ohm stable mono amp to drive the two subs, you'll want two 4 ohm subs to get a 2 ohm load.

you want to keep the bass inside the car.
sound is energy. the more energy you lose to teh outside of the car, and to resonance in the car body, the less you have inside the car.. means less SPL.

some of the best cars I've heard were deafening inside, and virtually silent with the windows up from outside the car.
Richard Clark's Grand national is a good example.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 9
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=3090390380&ssP ageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

thas the amp that i bought glass...im not sure if thas a 2 ohm stable mono amp or not, but do u still think i should get two 4 ohm subs or should i stick to the two 2 ohm subs?

thanx

-mir

p.s. glass whats spl exactly? is it like the distance that the bass travels outside the car? cuz i know it stands for sound pressure level or something like that...but im not sure what it is exactly...thanx again...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2273
SPL is volume.
how loud something is.
the higher the SPL, the louder it is.

that amp is 2 channel, not mono, so yeah stick to the two 2 ohm subs

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 10
aright thanx glass