RE SX 15

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 127
It came in today... yes, I just ordered it Monday. That's pretty quick considering I'm in SC.

I put it in the box I had the Avalanche in, 4ft^3 at 27hz. It sounds really good. I havent really given it a lot of power yet but you can tell it still sounds good and has no problem going LOW. I am going to put it in 3.8ft^3 at 35hz.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 956
hows the SQ on it...compare the SPL and SQ 2 another sub...i might want an SX

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 129
I havent really put a lot of power to it yet, sorta breaking it in. so far though it is louder than my Avalanche with the same power. While the SQ is not as good as my Ava, the increase in SPL seems to be worth it. I'll tell more when I can, but I haven't really had a chance to do a lot with it yet.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 380
only thing kinda stopping me from getting that sub is the enclosure. it appears that you had yours in a 4cuft box. that won't fit in my trunk. max i can have in my trunk is 3cuft. i don't know how it would sound in a smaller box than yours.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 137
it would be fine in a ported box around 3ft^3... or go sealed, around 2ft^3

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 385
my user name on ebay is bestmankind so if you see a bid by that name that is me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
so would u say you are happy with ya SX?
i really want one but i need opinions....glad to hear that it gets that loud lol

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 148
ask me in a couple days... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 960
or email me if ya dont care... dan_da_man_blhs64@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 153
ok, sounds good

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1330
how much was it, like 300

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 166
okay I can finally compare the two subs.. both are powered by an MB Quart RAA1000 in a 4ft^3 box tuned to 27hz. I am building a 3.8ft^3 @ 35hz for the SX.

first of all, the SX is NOT an SPL woofer. those who say that have NEVER heard an SX. I was amazed at the SQ it gave, and the low end surprised me. The SQ or lowend is not what the Avalanche put out, but it's not too far off.

I feel like the 1000w I gave the Ava (mb quart RAA1000 at 1ohm) was a pretty good number for the Avalanche, but the SX wants more. 1200w might be better for it.

The SPL is very similar, The SX seems to be a little louder, but not much. (I havent had any of them metered). You cant get away from saying the Avalanche is LOUD. The SX did not roll off as much over 50hz as the Avalanche so I was happy with that. It blends a lot better with my mids.

I'm hoping to gain a little SPL with the next box, so we'll see. All in all, I'm happy with it, both are great subs. the Ava wins in SQ, obviously, and the SPL difference the SX has is not as much as people would like to say.

oddly, the thing that surprised me the most is the visual aspect. The SX actually looks puny compared to the Avalanche. It weighs a LOT less. the Avalanche has a HUGE motor compared to the SX. I will have comparison pics soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us