8W7 Ported or Sealed, AMP???

Username: Matt_hilton

Post Number: 10
I have a silverado reg cab, so theres not much room for the avg sub. Im thinking of buying this 8w7 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-JL-Audio-8W7_W0QQitemZ5827156595QQcategoryZ18802QQ ssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I found a great price on it. But have no clue what type of amp to buy or if i should make a ported or sealed box. Im putting the box in the place of the center console.

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 29
Matt, I actually have a sealed 8w7 in the JL prowedge box, and the SQ is excellent. JL recommends the 250/1, but I am running a JL 500/1 and the thing really thumps. It can definitely handle the 500 watts rms.

One thing about that seller, I was thinking of buying from him too, but you might want to check out his rating/feedback. It looked pretty shady to me. He has only 5 positive ratings, and if you look at the auctions the feedback was left on, they're for all really small things. And one of them was a set of knives. It seemed really shady to me, that a person with an eBay store that is selling a bunch of w7's (he has a lot of different auctions) doesn't have any positive feedback on any big name amps or subwoofers.

I am actually looking to sell my setup (JL 500/1 and 8w7) for $500 + shipping. I originally paid like $300 for the sub, the JL box alone is close to $100 http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=5&prod_id=301, and the amp was $300 new off eBay. All the stuff has been used for about 6 months (the amp about 8 months), I'm just getting rid of it to try something more SPL oriented. The sub definitely sounds amazing, and looks pretty awesome in the box, I'm just looking to try something new.

I live in New Brunswick NJ, zip 08901, (if you're close enough you're welcome to come pick it up). If you're interested and want to contact me by email iwrk4saten@verizon.net maybe we can work something out. I have an eBay account with a bunch of positive feedback, and have PayPal setup also, so whatever you want. Give me an email if you're interested.

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 30
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us