Large sealed enclosures

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 133
hey i have a mbquart pwe 354 sub and i wanted to know if the recommended 1.5cuft box is to small my car is quite large and has a real trunk and it really takes alot to get it the bass going so would it help to have a larger box,

ps my freind has the exact same system in a mazda protege and he says its as loud as a sytem we heard at the racerack that was quite loud, he says it gets to the point the cd player skips, he not a liar so i belive him i just havnt heard it in person yet

the amp mb quart raa1000 @ 2ohms 500rms (thats my downfall i have less power than him his amp is a 1ohm 1000wrms) but his box mesuars 3cuft is okay i want to get a resx15 or 18

my car http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2376
your MB raa1000 amp IS ALSO 1000wrms @ 1ohm .

or did u mean that since your single sub is 4ohms dvc that the amp can only do @ 2ohms 500rms ......

Bronze Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 26
Don't go to big. You'll overdrive the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
yeah i know it goes to 1 ohm but right now its 500 so is how big is to big

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 608
Generally, you're going to want to call up or check out the website of the manufacturer of the sub and they will give you box specs (sealed/ported) that are optimal for your sub.
Beautiful car btw.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
thanks about the car but the specs call for a 1.5cuft box and i have a qlogic 1.5cuft box. But the subs seem like they have more in them then this
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us