Will this hurt my amp

Anonymous

if my amp has 4 30 amp fuses, will it hurt it if change it to 4 40 amp fuses?
pros and cons?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2328
if it came factory installed with 4 30A - leave it as is ,manufacturer knows what its doing so i wouldn't mess with stuff like that ......

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 144
Void ALL your warranty if something happened, providing that you do have warranty.

Username: Audiowizard69

Post Number: 3
well i used to have an old jensen amp not really that high class, just a 220 watt jensen amp and i never had problems out of it when i changed to bigger fuses. i changed from 10 amp fuses to 30 amp fuses and my amp seemed to take on bass better. Maybe it was just a piece of crap and so cheap that it didnt matter i am just saying i dont think it would hurt it

Username: Ledzep

Ohio

Post Number: 8
its never a good idea to put in bigger fuses, and as they said, can void warranties and all sorts of things. BUT ...with my limited audio experience, i can tell you this, the manufacturer can make mistakes, and often in power consumption issues, the weakest part of the power line can cause issues, and the weakest part is and should always be the fuse. just ask yourself this "if the amp isnt performing to your expectations, do you really care if you burn it up?" no pain no gain :-)

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 383
If the amp originally had 30A fuses, they are that size for a reason.

What amp do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Rowlandbrown

Post Number: 28
NEVER ever change your fuse to a larger one. The point in the fuse is to prevent your equipment from getting damaged in the event of a power surge and if you put in a higher rated fuse you merely defy the point of the fuse completely. You might as well jam a piece of 4 AWG wire where the fuse was. Audio Wizard just because you did it and nothing got damaged doesn't mean that is will be the same for everyone (you can drive a car with your feet but this doesn't mean it is to be done) and try not to give advice when you don't know what you are talking about because you are likely to damage other peoples equipment. You were lucky not to have a power surge or a short and thus your unit wasn't damaged but this is just you.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 612
Yea, I wouldn't want to start a fire in my vehicle either.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 151
In every Amps Manual it says if a fuse blows only replace that fuse with a fuse of Equal Value
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us