Im an idiot help

Bronze Member
Username: Dropthatbass

Post Number: 38
k so im getting a 12in re sx 2 ohm right? and i was wondering if i got 2 mono amps and hooked two of them up to it would that work, im kinda new and need help and thats y u guys r here

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 392
the subs are Dual 2 Ohm..and if your asking if you can hook one amp per subwoofer or even one amp per voice coil then yes you can do that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
haha k but if its a 2 channel amp i could NOT do that right?

basically what i thought of is getting:
1-SOUNDSTREAM VGA-600.2 VAN GOGH 600W 2-CH AMPLIFIER AMP ( Bridged @ 4-ohms Mono 600 x 1)
1-SOUNDSTREAM VGA-400.2 VAN GOGH 400W 2-CH AMPLIFIER AMP ( RMS Bridged @ 4-ohms Mono 400 x 1)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5826919719&ssPageName=MER C_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT
AND
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5827939890&ssPageName=MER C_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT
WOULD THAT WORK??!

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 395
nah it wouldnt work with those amps...anyways why are you choosin 2 differently rated amps thats suppose to cause damage to the voice coils (although its been debated) if i were you just find a decent 1 ohm capable amp off ebay for cheap like a Kicker or an Orion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ight man thanks- but about that pheonex gold- that a decent amp?, ive been here all night and probably pissin u off but w/e i guess

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 604
If you're running an RE SX, then you want to be running an amp that supplies 1200W at 1 ohm or 4 ohms. It'll be much cheaper to find an amp that pushes that at 1 ohm then 4 ohms. I'm pretty sure those Orion 1200D's run 1200W @ 1 ohm. Phoenix Gold makes decent amps too. Also, putting an amp per coil is just going to complicate things when you really don't need to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us