Should i buy a used system?

Unregistered guest
My friend has 2 enclosed audiobahn 10" subwoofers, cap, and amp. I dont think its a good idea to buy the amp, i could just get a new one. But whatdasay about buying those speakers and cap for like $125? Too much? The system is a few years old... Help!

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 15
do not buy that. dont go to a store either. bestbuy and those are pooop. order subs online at discountjungle.net its the cheapest. audiobahn sucks also. how much money u want to spend

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
discountjungle is under construction. yea the stores have bad selections, and way overpriced too. i want 2 10"s or 2 12"s speakers and amp too. i have a white 2005 accord coupe and the system is hot but the base is not loud enough for me. i want ppl to hear me comin. i want to get a good deal, all of it for like $400

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
u cant get a system taht good for $400. if u want loud, u will need a ported box and 12s are louder than 10s obviously. u cna find loud subs anywhere. kicker, power acoustik, sony. sony is crap but u can get several of them for cheap. ive seen 20 xplods in 1 car before.

Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 8
lol. 20 explods in 1 car. damn that guy must be a sony freak.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
that is a small car. so if u have the room. look online for the highest SPL. SQ is quality, SPL is how loud. Look at the SPL and dBs, the dBs are higher with the more power. audiobahn is crap, but is high SPL and dBs. if u only lookin for loudness, loud is cheaper than quality

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
i thought kicker sucked... im a girl and completely ignorant about all this system stuff. i just want loud, but not crazy loud, good base. im sure you guys know which sounds the best because you all probably have pimpp (i cant believe you cant say that) systems but i think anything a step up from what is stock is gonna be fine for me =)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
kicker is good for loud. You will need a new receiver, get alpine, very nice receivers. what kind of car do u have, and wut music do u listen to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
yeah sony sucks, but 20 xplods won the competition!

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
i want to hook it up to my stock cd player. i have a white 2005 accord coupe. listen to rap, rock, mostly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
rock, u will want smaller subs. they have better response and less distortion. u can upgrade stock cd player later, but u should do that. that is a small car. u dont need huge bass cuz it will rattle ur car. ive seen 3 12s in a trunk, all u hear is clashing of metal

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
yeah i think you're right. i think that the speakers my friend has would work for me. i found this info about closed boxes...

"Sealed boxes: For deep, precise bass
A sealed box is an airtight enclosure housing your subwoofer. A sealed box is best for any music that demands tight, accurate bass. Expect flat response (not excessively boomy), deep bass extension, and excellent power handling."

now, how much should i pay for his speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i wouldnt buy used subs. i would go get new. i wouldnt get audiobahn. u can ask anyone even joe or rob will agree with that. ported boxes i believe are deeper bass and louder.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2309
iilovepiink :

Some ?s for u

how much $ can or are u willing to spend on the entire system ?

Are u doing any installations yourself ?

How loud do u think u will like it - say 2 10" subs or 2 12s ?

How much trunk space can or do u want to use ?

Do u like great sound quality or do u want to be heard a block away ?

If u answer these ?s then the guys here will help definitly u with a sweet system ......

Upload

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
ok well i want to get the stuff offline for about $400 total (not including wires).
My friend is a mechanic/electrician and will do the install for free.
Im not sure what the difference between 10 and 12's is.
I can use all of my space, it is surprisingly large for a coupe.
I like both good sound quality and loud volume. I feel that my stock system is lacking in the latter.
please help me boys!

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 12
this guy knows what he is talking about. cool name too.lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 81
Those sub are probably Audiobahns bottom of the line subs that come in the Audiobahn box for like 120 on ebay so i wouldnt pay that for them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
wut guy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
u all say im a idiot, but then u sayin same stuff. i say audiobahns are crap, then u say im retard, and now u saying same stuff

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2311
iilovepiink :

$400 worth of 'stuff' = 1 or 2 subs with an amp ?

Do u need any door speaker upgrades ? or this $ is just for some bass (sub/amp) ?

i dig your username too : mrcrazydude...Upload...- lol

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
no door speaker upgrades, just woofers in the trunk and an amp

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 355
in my opinion the best starter subs are the Alpine type R
one 12" type R in a ported box and a kicker kx600.1 will blow those 2 audiobahns away

there on ebay for about 115$ shipped for a 12" new
heres the links if you want to buy them now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SWR-1242D-TYPE-R-12-SUBWOOFER-NEW_W0QQitemZ5828214389 QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-KICKER-KX600-1-MONO-CLASS-D-600WATTS_W0QQitemZ5826 780072QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the amp is expensive but will is well worth it
listen to other people too see what they say

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 83
Dude Alexander the great was a G@y

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
the JBL 600 watt amp is nearly $200-$250. JBL is legit brand

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2312
Both great choices from Robert - well done ...Upload

with $ remaining too to build a ported box for some good SQL

I would go with that .........

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
thanks, is one 12 enough?

my b/f has a 1200 watt kicker amp hooked up to 2 15's but his sounds funny because the amp is only supposed to be connected to one speaker. his system is LOUD but the sound quality isnt so great. i want to avoid this kind of problem.

i also heard that you need to get the right woofers to match your amp wattage, like a 800 watt amp for 2 400 watt speakers, or it sounds bad, is this true?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2313
For a $400 budget thats what u can get - u may be able to get 2 10s to be powered by that same amp .

Loudness & sound quality too depends alot on box building , car interior acoustics , quality of equipment used & MAINLY the way its set-up .

U can use an amp that is a little over but don't over do it with like a 1000wrms amp on a 600wrms sub - thats just asking for the sub to get blown easily .......

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 356
pink your watt question is a basic guide really its good to follow but on RMS watts (not peak watts)
then you learn what subs handle more or less
such as the alpine type R is only 500 rms and the amp is rated at 600 rms (really around 700 rms)
the alpine type R is a sub that should be really rated around 750 rms but since its a mass production company they underrate there stuff so people dont start doing crazy stuff and blow the subwoofer and keep returning it

i favor 1 sub setups
for the price of 2 subs you can get 1 really good sub (better sound, more reliable, less space, cheaper)

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
ok, if i have 1 sub does it matter where i place it in the trunk?
and as far as all this wattage business, what is the difference between say a 600 and 1200 watt amp as far as sound?

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 336
well that all depends on how much your sub can take. you wouldn't want to power one sub that is 500watts rms with a 1200watt rms amp. but if you had 2 type Rs (which i think are great subs :D),you can power them both with the 1200 wrms amp.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 337
oh and btw face the sub toward the rear of the car. i think it sounds the best for a car with a trunk.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2316
" ok, if i have 1 sub does it matter where i place it in the trunk? "

the most preferred way is putting the box behind your back seat & having the sub face towards the tailgate .....

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
ok, if it is only 1 speaker, does it need to be centered?

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 340
it would look neat centered. but i don't think it matters.

iilovepiink
Unregistered guest
thank you all so much for your help!

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 94
if you are looking for ok stuff at a decent price ill sell you Two AW1571T Audiobahn 15 inch 500 rms subs for 60 bucks plus shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us