Best sub under $1000

Username: Bga44

Post Number: 1
i am getting an explorer 4 door and want to spend nearly $2000 for the amp, box, kit, and subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 95
if you want to do it right you will have to upgrade your charging system as well.

what are you wanting your system to be aimed towards, SPL (how loud it is) or SQ (sound quality). Also, are you looking for a single sub, dual, or what.

Post Number: 2
i want it to have very deep bass. I have an explorer, so how many should i get. I prefer 12s becuase i listen to a variety of music

Post Number: 3
i will get another battery and capacitor probably, and the battery will be connected to the alternator

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 334
instead of getting another battery and cap, first upgrade your alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 103
if you want it deep, buy my avalanche

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ascendant-Audio-Avalanche-15_W0QQitemZ5828790713QQcategoryZ1 8804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it is excellent for low end output and is very loud... also, you dont need a huge amp to power it.

Post Number: 7
i have read good things about avalanche and atlas subs.
responding to the alternator upgrade, how much does that cost including installion? a battery and capacitor will be about $300 total including installion

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 554
forget the cap spend the 300 and buy a 250 amp alternator for your explorer and when your done buying his ava you can buy mine :-)See your already on a roll

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
amp alternators are $250. i think im gonna go with brahma or 2 15" l7

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 136
Do this right...........don't go with L7's. They may get loud, but sound like garbage. Don't waste all that money on them. Just search these threds and find out for yourself.

Unregistered guest
I have 2-15" L7's for sale. They are the 2002 models which are better than the current '04 models. (They look a lot better too) They do not sound like garbage if you build the box right. Do not put them in a ported box! That is where you get you crappy but loud bass. But these things in a dual chamber 6 cu.ft. per chamber sealed box. The bass will be amazing and extremely loud. I had these things in an extended cab F-150 in a 12 cu.ft. box and I hit 144.3 db when I got it tested. I was pushing them with a crappy amp too. I would spend the money and get a couple of decent amps for the subs. The subs are $250 plus shipping to your address if your interested. I'll send pics to ur e-mail this weekend if you interested. For the money you will not be dissapointed trust me!! You got an explorer so you have the space for these bad boys. These speakers are good for someone that doesn't want to spend over $600 per sub on a set. Let me know

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 177
alexander, its not really a choice between getting a cap and extra batteries or a HO alt if your gunna be using alot of power, which it sounds like you'd be using around 2000-4000w. You don't just magically get extra power from batteries and caps. The alternator is where your power comes from. A stock alt cannot handle that big of a load. When you pass 1000w, it definately shows on a stock alt. Caps just hide problems in your charging system. You really would wanna look into a 250-300A alternator

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 178
and if you dont believe me, start a thread titled "extra cap and batteries or HO alt?" and watch the comments.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
so just get an upgraded alt? and those are how much $$

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 40
talk to nate. there is no set price for an alternator upgrade.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
where can i get alt upgrade? Ford place?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 650
Is it me, or is Alexander being...REASONABLE, insead of argumentative?

Bronze Member
Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 44
i would tell you who to talk to about getting an HO alternator but i want you to read through the forum and find it yourself. its not that hard. besides you should also read what others have post in the past if you are willing to learn. i already told you to talk to nathan. if you have been reading others posts then you would know who that is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us