When are you satisfied with your system

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 327
i don't know but everytime i get something new, it seems after a little while i want something else. i like the way my system sounds right now but i want more. if i get 2 jl audio 1000/1 and 2 jl audio 13W7 maybe i'll be satisfied. or maybe not. too much stress.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1559
i have said it once and i'll say it again:

car audio is more addicting than crack.

nuff said.

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 250
LOL true said marshall... right now.. if there is ne thing that would satisfy me would be wen i have a system which would break other people's car glass and shake their ride when i am signal LOL!!:P i guess after a while i would want something that would break the signal lights i guess lol:P

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1463
i've had multiple systems since the early '90's. still building the "perfect" system.

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 97
lol there is no "perfect" system. you get something and it's never quite what you want, so time for a change :-)

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 331
yeah but after installing 2 jl audio 1000/1 to 2 jl 13W7 to your car, is there anything better you can put in there? i mean for now of course. next year is a whole different story.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 104
if you want SPL and you put 2 MT 15".. yes, there's better. if you want it low and you put 2 ava.. yes, there's better. I've only heard one 12w7 sealed, and it was awesome, but I think there's better, especially for the money...

Bronze Member
Username: Bga44

Post Number: 13
shoulda got hifonics amps. JL is ridiculously priced on everything, although the quality is excellent.

Username: Crazydude

Post Number: 3
perfect system is the stock stereo that came with the car. you never have to worry about blowing your subs or amp. keep it stock.

Silver Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 105
generally people stay away from Hifonics. but they do offer decent power for pretty cheap. be careful though, they are overrated.

Post Number: 5
so alexander if we were to get hifonics amp then we would be satisfied with our system?

Post Number: 7
chad-you are never going to be satisfied with your system so deal with it and stop crying about it.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 269
you have to sit down and think hard about what you really want whether it's SPL or SQ. and then go from there if it's SPL go all out and when you have hearing damage or sound ordinance tickets then you will be satisfied w/ your system :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 183
You could always add two more w7s...haha that would make it better.

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 341
lol. who's crying. i am just stressed cause i am about to go out and buy 2 jl 1000/1 with 2 13W7 in prowedge box. i know i shouldn't put that kinda strain on my credit card but damn things look so tempting.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 226
well its needless to say its a never ending thing, every year there is always gonna be something louder and clearer. so the sooner you just tell yourself its enough the better, because after a while if you look back at all your old crap all the $ u wasted on impulse, you wish u just saved then put it in then accepted it.

i just dont get how people that have like 20 12's in their van can top it, like man every year when stuff comes out their feeling like man gotta replace all 20 of them, id be happy with 10 of any 12 inch sub

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1223
get out while u can and collect stamps

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2320
Less than a wk & u are itching for more - oooh u are now officially "car-audio-crazy" ...lol

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 343
i got a taste of good sound with the alpines. now i want better sqqqqqqqqqqq

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 228
hey chad i went to my local shop here in b town and i wanted to see how the metered cars, and they were selling type r's for 159 and the fosgate P3's for 195 and i was like what the heck, he was tryin to tell me that the P3's kill the type r in sq and spl anyday. these guyz major brand thay sold was fosgate, he was telling me that there isn't a 12" sub that can match the sq and spl of a T2, i about peeded in my pants this guy never even heard of re audio or any other high quality brands i mentioned, it just got me wondering that these guys are filling there customers with crap ideas and products, made me want to open my own shop, although im no where near as much experienced as say glasswolf and stuff but this guy was ridiculous. so i gave him the website address as a reality check and told him to one day read into what he thinks he knows

Bronze Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 45
how much for your type r's :P

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
"every year there is always gonna be something louder and clearer."

very true. additionally, there are already products louder and clearer. it's a matter of being able to afford them. the more time that elapses, the more capable you are of obtaining those products.
similarly, the more time that you live, the more you learn reegarding HOW to make those products perform better. this often entails changing your install based on your newly found capabilities and knowledge.
then, different products do things differently, not always necessarily better.
this is also intriguing-to discover how different car audio components work together.
ideally, i would opt to own 10-15 cars just so i could install 10-15 different audio set-ups I have in my mind now. even if i were filthy rich, for driving purposes, i would really only care to actually own three cars (nice sedan, truck, performance car).
the rest i would just lease to test drive.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1233
A lot of people dont do research they will go with what u tell them

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
yop. and hence the ongoing process of "live and learn.":-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1236
exactly

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 347
but see i am not thinking of buying jl stuff because of what people say on here. i heard the subs in the prowedge box in a 350z. he only had one amp and one sub but the quality of that bass was incredible. thats when my alpines started to sound like crap.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1238
just do like muddy/Josh/JT Diesel says save now and get what u want

Upload

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 348
i gotta get over this. i think i should get help.

btw, are muddy/josh/JT Diesel all one person. people be changing names like crazy all of a sudden.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1241
yep

Gold Member

Post Number: 1472
"thats when my alpines started to sound like crap."

i can certainly relate.
everything in life is relative. caraudio is just an apparent extreme in that regard.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2612
haha, i have struck again. lol.

you gotta have patience. save your money if you don't have enough. it took me two years to get what i have now. did it step by step. but i didn't rush out and buy w/e because i need to have it right now. i'm not saying its easy, but it's worth it in the long run.

i think Joe once said "Patience is a virtue, and a little virtue never hurt you" lol. words of wisdom.:-O

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 176
lol i like the name. i should change mine to "large farva"

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 517
My first speaker building experience had a two 4X6's, one 6X9, and one 4" fullrange in a kitchen cabinet that I salvaged from the trash. It had hinges on one side so I can have access to the drivers (just in case). It was 1987. The drivers were mounted on the back of the front baffle and a black/white checkered flannel type material was used as a speaker grill.

My next setup was a little more professional. It had a Vifa polly 8" with a 1" alluminum tweeter in a 28 liter box.

Things escallated from there. It was all about bass for about 3 years. I built ported, transmission lines, sealed, snail shells, etc...

Then one day when I realized that my quest for the ideal system was dependent on my pocket, no matter how much design. I began to accept and compromise. It wasnt untill then that I realized; there will always be something better.

So now I design stuff that is relatively moderate instead of trying to win the nobel prize. I still keep quality as first priority, but I gave up on the whole "Bass" quest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us