Idmax and xxx

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 243
how does the idmax compare to the xxx. i know the xxx costs 70 bucks more, but which is louder and which will sound better, and would it be worth the extra 70 bucks for the XXX?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1539
XXX can handle more power and will get louder. (i has been discribed as a loud sub that sounds really good) *note, RE has quit making the xbl XXX...they will be coming out w/ a new XXX soon though, supposed to be ~$100 more than the old XXX.*

the IDmax is a good sounding subs that can get loud.

if you can find a XXX (xbl^2 version) on ebay or used pretty reasonable, i would say jump on the XXX. they are GREAT subs.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 244
ewwww i really dont want a used sub. theres no way to get an XXX with xbl^2 tech anymore? getting the old one was going to be a huge stretch in my wallet and 100 more is out of range for a while til i get my next job going(only 17)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1454
go with the adire tumult, then. it's the most comparable.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 245
i dunno if i cant get an XXX i might just save some money and get an idmax...then start saving and get a 2nd one in the summer

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2588
i would get an IDMAX. you can find one online for like $350 or maybe a little less, can't remember.

and they need about half as many watts to get loud. so you'll save money on an amp as well.:-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 246
speaking of good amps... its around 800wrms correct? whats a good amp for that, everything i see is 500-600 or 1000-1200

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 170
the IDMAX is 1000w rms, but would do just fine with about 800. I believe mtx makes a good 800w amp, and theres others, just look around. Woofersetc.com is a good place to check out alot of different companys, though i never bought anything from them,so im not sure how their service is.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 248
would i be fine with a kicker kx1200.1 on an idmax if i dont blast the volume all the way up?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2295
could work - but they are underrated by over a 100wrms so i would choose a 1000wrms amp to be on the safe side like a

Mb Quart raa1000
RF 10001BD
Diamond audio D61000
Alpine M1005
PPI 1000.1
Crossfire 1000

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 250
list out of those the best 2 amps

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2327
hey , i just logged on & saw your post .

i really don't like the exterior design of any of those new PPI amps so even though they are good products looks does matter too to an extent

IMO - 3 that i'd pick Crossfire (which is underrated power) , RF & Diamond .......

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1489
"Woofersetc.com is a good place to check out alot of different companys, though i never bought anything from them,so im not sure how their service is."

great service. they offer 1-2yr warranties on all products (1-2 depending on which item).
My vga 1600.2 came with a 2yr warranty. delivered quickly. very helpful people

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 126
Matt - look at my Avalanche on ebay. If you want a good SQL sub, this is for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ascendant-Audio-Avalanche-15_W0QQitemZ5828790713QQcategoryZ1 8804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can give it anywhere from 800-1000w and it will be loud.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 252
i cant buy a used sub. my dad lets me do whatever i want with my money since i earned it but he wont let me buy used products... its stupid, but it sucks to be 17... only 3 months til 18 tho :-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 253
even if i could, since i believe it comes with a 3 year warranty, i cant get a 15" sub. wont fit in the back of my 3000GT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us