Kicker vs memphis question

Username: Bigboellis

Baton rouge, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 8
which is the best overall sub kicker comp vr or the memphis m class,which will hit harder with a autotek mx-1500

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2260
bump for this guy who nobody answered - i'm off to Upload

Username: Kleinc

Post Number: 9
I would have to say that in this case the kicker is the better choice. Memphis makes good amps, but as far as subs go, i would have to say that they are so-so.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1548
compvrs or mclass....humm...

i'd go compvrs, but the mclass is more comparible to kicker comps...not compvrs.

M3's are more comparable to compvrs...and to tell the truth, i might take M3's over compvrs. (i have messed w/ both M3's and compvrs...both are pretty good subs.)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Marshall, have you tried any other Memphis subs?? I wonder why they arent really used too often anymore.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1549
the only memphis subs i have messed w/ are the M3's...pretty good for the $ if you ask me. (desent SQ, and can get loud)

i built a ported box for my buds 2 M3 12's and ran them at 1ohm on a jbl bp1200.1 w/ an FMOD, they took the power like a champ. the box was like 4-5cuft tuned to ~35hz...pretty loud too, i need to get he to get it metered.

(may be able to sucker him into going to mccomb, ms this week end...gonna be a crazy lil comp there...only thing is, he'll be in my class :-))

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Freindly competition or rivalry??? lol. Maybe you should try sabotage.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 209
OOPs you must have missed a wire... lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I wouldnt go with that, because that is something that can be fixed rather quicly. Blow his fuses and make sure that there arent any replacements around.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1551
i built his box, so its no rivalry between me and him. but the comp is gonna be great...quit a few loud people are gonna be there, prolly 2-3 162db+ vehicles.

i'm in mod 301-900, so i dont think i'm gonna be coming home w/ 1st in my class. (being that i have 1 jbl bp1200.1 and you can legally run 3 kx1200.1's in that class...and walls are legal :-( )...oh well, i'll have fun getting smoked. lmao

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1552
by the way...he is prolly only in the low-mid 140s.

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 212
I'm still wonderin' what I'll be hittin' since my box is sealed and will be in my trunk. I am happy though since I just bought 100% mech. and cosmet. perfect Viper D2500.1 with plugs for $222 hehehe...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us