FOR SALE,2000 rms 15 inch AW1508T, 2 ohms DVC

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 48
Sup guys ... I Got Two New Audiobahn 2000 rms subs for sale,they are the AW1508T model an they are 2 ohm DVC voice coils ...they run about $210.00 each on ebay an 40 bucks each shipping but im selling these for 125 each an however much it cost to ship them to ur address but if you live in the Houston area you can pick them up in person Upload

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 123
will they make a 1ohm load and what size enclosure would these need

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 49
They will make a 1 ohm load

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 50
Audiobahn suggest you put them in a Ported 15 inch box with dimensions of 1.60-3.55 cubic feet

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 51
mounting depth is 8 inches an the subs weigh 40 pounds each

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 52
If record-shattering SPL is what you're shootin' for, then Audiobahn's Flame Compression subwoofer is your new weapon of choice. Audiobahn's stamped, balanced, flame design aluminum cone can belt out incredible levels of bass with virtually no distortion-causing cone break-up. The unique flame designed basket is cast out of 6mm thick aluminum for super-strength - your car will fall apart before this woofer does! Designed for the ultimate in SPL, Flame Compression AW1508T subwoofer features Audiobahn's PHAT 2" multi-layer foam surround for massive amounts of excursion, huge 360 oz. double stacked Strontium magnets, a vented and extended pole piece, flame designed back plate, Audiobahn's exclusive multi-connect Lug Lock terminals, and a 3" ASV former with dual high-temp 2 ohm voice coils.Step up to the beast

Features

Optimized for Maximum SPL Ported Enclosures
PHAT 2" Multi-layer Foam Surround
360 oz. Magnet
Stamped and Balanced Aluminum Cone
6mm Thick Cast Flame Basket
Multi-Connect Lug-Lock Terminals
Mounting Depth: 8"
Hole Cutout: 13 3/4"
Outer Diameter: 15 3/8"

Subwoofer Specifications
Size: 15 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: not recommended
Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.60 - 3.55 cu.ft.
Free Air Usage: not recommended
Sensitivity: 94 dB
Frequency Response: 18-500 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 2000W
Peak Power Handling: 4000W

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 53
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNAW1508T

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 289
how do you make the two in to a 1 ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1194
u cant

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 297
Dont sell people utter krap!!! lol

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 64
I meant they would make a 1 ohm load each ....not together, together they can make either a 0.5 ohm load in Parallel/parallel dual 2 or a 2 ohm load in series parallel dual 2 or a 8 ohm load in in Series/series dual 2

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 65
Slaps the HO like the Bi**h he is

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 66
Heath from Team Audiobahn Hit 165.9 DB in Super port wars in TN with two of these Subs which is the Usaci Tennesse State Record ..

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 213
I think the key words in that sentence were "Port Wars"...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 327
Heath is a bud of mine, heres a clip I cut out and scanned from a 12voltnews newspaper for him a while back.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 130
now u messed up i might be new to car audio but 165dbs can just about kill and then the magic word "port wars" :-( i dont listen to the air that comes out the ports i listen to music

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2267
"i dont listen to the air that comes out the ports i listen to music"

I fully agree with that Philosophy - no need to be getting yourself deaf in your ride for other ppl outside of it a block away to hear u coming .....

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 304
best of luck to of you who own audiobahns. i am just glad i got rid of mine. feel kinda sorry for the person that bought mine. he doesn't know that there are so much better sounding subs out there. he was caught up in the way the subs looked. big magnets, flame design, its weight, etc....

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 328
Yes there is Chad, but, to the AB's defense...
The 1508t woofer is a kick azz sub that's actually fairly efficient too. I've tested this series of Audiobahn in a couple of my competition cars, and I was quite impressed.

For 125 bucks a pop, the last thing I would feel is sorry for someone who buys them, actually I'd envy them a little, that's a great bargain, lower than dealer cost.
To anyone considering these woofers, I say go for it as long as this guy is trustworthy seller and thier condition is new.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 67
Hey ..even if Audiobahn isnt the best out there i felt that i was offering the subs at the best price possible considering the fact that dealers dont even get these subs for less then that before mark up

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 68
But heath does very well with these subs an even if you dont want ports you will still be in the 150db range as long as you power both of them properly

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 308
let me rephrase my statement then. i feel sorry for the guy who bought mine. i had audiobahn aw1208t. maybe the 1508t sounds good or not i wouldn't know cause i never had them but the aw1208t sux. no doubt about the price. cadillac is giving one heck of a deal there. i am just saying my experiences with audiobahn wasn't a good one. the aw1208t subs were 1500wrms and 3000peak so they did get loud.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 329
Hmmm? Thats sucks, I wonder if you had them in the proper enclosure. 1208T's were the very subs I tested. In a SQL box they sounded faily accurate, not the best but most deff not bad by any means. As for spl, in my competition car I think the 2 1208T's did a 153 on the TermLab. I cant remember if I ran 1 or 2 amps to them, either way it would have been about 2000rms or 4000 rms. At any rate, sorry to hear you werent pleased with them, I was.
Maybe they just didnt perform well in the box you had or they were underpowered, who knows.
oh well lol

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 314
zac-with which amp did you power it with. i powered mine with kx1200.1. it got pretty loud but normal songs didn't sound to good with them. i only listen to rap when i want to hear my subs potential. most of the times i listen to rock or trance. you might be right though about me underpowering them but the sq was just not there for me.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 330
I was using a bit more power than you however the Kx should've had enough of power to run them moderatly, but with big bass drops and low notes the amp probably saturated itself leaving a muddy lame sounding bass. A pair of KX1200.1's strapped would've faired much better.
I wonder if your subsonic filter was set to high?
Also, did you have a sealed or ported box, and what size was it?

!!!Wait a minute, I just realized, you were crazy underpowering those subs!!!

They were only getting 300watts rms each

Your amp does 1200 at 1 and 600 at 2.
Well those subs are dual 2 ohm, they had to be wired series to parallel giving an overall load of 2

Thus 600 watts from the amp, each sub only seen 300s.

Thats why you werent happy with them:-(

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 317
i meant one amp to one sub.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 167
i believe kicker's subsonic filter is set at 25 Hz, and its not adjustable

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 319
Rob-what do you mean by that. cause the guy i sold my audiobahns to is asking me what amp he should get. i don't really want to tell him to get the kx1200.1 cause i know how the two sounded together. it don't go to well together.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 69
he had 1200rms goin to one AW1208T it should have been sufficient enough but ive seen people puttin 2000 rms into the AW1208T's to get them to reach theyre full potential so i dont know

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 320
zac-at first i was underpowering them like crazy. the store who sold and installed them for me did it in a parallel connection thus giving me .5ohm load. later i took out one sub and connected the one to my amp with a nice 2.5cuft enclosure i built for that sub. now i was putting 1200wrms. it got way louder than before. i mean it was loud but like i said earlier the sq was not there.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 70
The Upper line Audiobahns are power hungry SOB's .....BTW Chad i saw ur ride in the bragging area , very nice

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 323
thx

Username: Tonybones

Post Number: 2
CadillacDb what is good with them woofers.I should have the money coming.I am interested in buying them from you.I live in NC but, I aint trying to get gyped.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 72
im not trying to jip anyone

Post Number: 4
ok that is whats good then...

Silver Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 330
at those prices you are not jipping anyone. i was just expressing my opinion about audiobahns after my experiences with them. i realize this post wasn't the place to do it in. afterall your trying to sell your subs and i am not helping. sorry bout that.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 73
No problem Chad the jipping comment i made was to Tony because he said he didnt want to get gyped....an Chad i have no problem with your Criticism of the name brand because some people just dont have good experience, im just trying to sell these things because the Audio place i worked at went out of business ( Car Audio Plus in conroe TX ) an when the closed i got tons of stuff at a great price an i had planned to open up an Audio store in one of the FLea markets in the Greater Houston area but that didnt Pan out as i had planned so i Sold most the stuff to a Audio store in South Houston but i was left with a few things an most those things i have sold but these subs are among the things i havnt sold yet

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 85
ill just put these on ebay an see what i get, ive seen two of these used go for a high bid of 300 plus 80 shipping so ill probably end up gettin more by puttin them on ebay eitherway

Post Number: 5
I really really want them woofers seriously.I am trying to get rid of 2 sony xplod's for $150.But anyways there is a pawn shop in my town and they have 3 12inch audiobahns in a leatehr box with the chrome flame grills.They want 300 for it but, I want them 15's that you have for real.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1216
get um, great price

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 108
I have one AW1208t in a 2.5 cube foot port box with an Audiobahn A2200HCT amp and I think that it sounds pretty good. I have no idea db wise how loud it gets, but I do know that for one sub in my trunk it really gets loud. And it doesn't sound all that bad imo.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 89
Tony .. i have a clean Box i could sell you with the subs i just didnt think anyone online would be interested because shipping for the box would probably be Extremely high

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 90
Among the other things i still have left is 2 AW1571T subs that were a trade in at the shop an i got for almost nothing when the shop went under ( Conroe really wasnt a good place for car audio so the shop went under )but im willing to let those subs go for the best offer, they are in there new boxes an they have about 6 months of use on them they are 15 inch 500 rms i can take pics of them if anyone would like, i also still have a legacy 2400 watt max 2 channel amp ( didnt think anyone on here would be interested in legacy so i didnt post it ) it is used but its also in its new box an what not i can take pics of it as well if anyone is interested

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 91
pic of the box.. i have actual photo's but it was dark when i took them so they didnt come out good so i found these pics of a similar box that i think is the same box but the name of the box wasnt mentioned in the description the seller gave so i dont know if its the same exact box or not
image/x-jgUpload
BD15A.jpg (12.8 k)

image/x-jgUpload
BD15B.jpg (12.1 k)

image/x-jgUpload
BD15C.jpg (13.3 k)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1243
did u get my pm

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 92
No i didnt get any pm's, must be somthing wrong with somthing or another ....if anyone wants to ask me anything or contact me for anything just Email me At CagedSerenity@aol.com

Post Number: 6
With what subs.If anyting I want the 2000rms cuz that 500rms aint going cut it for me.I want some earthquake's but they very very expensive.I am highly fascinated with that thump.

But peep this.My jeep grand cherokee is a limited edition.the year is 2000.When I got it, all of the speakers were playing but now there is only 1 that plays.The others just come on sometimes and go back out.They are infinity and i have a infinity amp under the seat which they are connected to and I have 2 infinity tweeters in the dash and they also are out.WHAT THE HELL IS UP.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 101
So ur gonna get some earthquake subwoofers huh, which ones are you looking into? an what amp you plan to buy to push um with ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us