1200w help on what subs

Username: Puck10

Post Number: 10
what subs should I get for my jbl bp 1200.1 amp? I got plenty of room going in my explorer, just need to save room for my softball bats. I have been thinking RE's but which ones will sound best and be as loud or louder than 2 L7 12's. I had some L7's that were crazy loud but Im looking for an upgrade in both SPL and SQ if possible. I was also thinking 4 cvr 12's but I dont know!! Looking to spend about 500 maybe more.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 124
re's all day depends on the model though

dont own one but i have heard one and this forum everyone loves re

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what model RE would be best for that wattage? I was looking at the SE's specs and two look like they would go perfect but im no expert. And would they hit harder than 2 L7 12's?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 214
all depends on the enclosure, the se's will get loud and sound quality will be awesome, the sound q ur used to from those l7'z will be destroyed by the se's but as loudness goes its a coin toss

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 596
It depends what you're really looking for. It seems like you're almost strictly looking for loud subs. the 1200W sort of pigeon holes you. I'm pretty sure 1 SX takes 1200W RMS. If you're looking for loud and sounding good at the same time, and you want to go RE, check out the X.X.X line. If you're really looking for SPL, you can check out the MT line, strictly built for SPL, but you may want more wattage to power one of those.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
how good would 1200w push the xxx? I might upgrade amplifiers also someday and I will want to put 2 in my hatch

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 598
If you have the X.X.X in a ported enclosure, which you should if you're looking for volume, then it would probably push it pretty well. If you're looking at two X.X.X's, you'll definately need a new amp. The 1200W would push one in a ported.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Is the SQ still going to be alright in a ported? I want good overall sound, like thunder, deep, and clear. Im not a competitor but I just like that sound and i like it to knot up my throat when i turn it all the way up. For the buck do u think the xxx is the best overall sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us