Would like some advise on where to buy a new amp and speakers/subs

Username: Speakerbox

Post Number: 4
My system is starting to become obsolete, I have a hiphonics 2-channel 400watt amp, and two 10" subs. I'm going to be getting rid of my CD player which was made in 96' so it sucks.

Would like to know any specific places (other than e-bay because I'm tired of them sending used merchandise) just want to know which name brands of amps and subs/tweeters I could get that would be a great system that's under $400.

Also I drive a 96' mustang so anything you can think of that would sound good from the trunk, and what type of CD player I should buy.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2101
old doesn't mean bad.
some of the best car audio stuff around was made in the late 80s and early 90s as well as some of today's products.

$400 will get you speakers (maybe) or a head unit, or an amplifier, but not all 3.. or most likely even two of the three.
You may want to save more if you want to but an entire system.

Username: Speakerbox

Post Number: 6
Alright how about this, for a mustang I want to have two 12"s.

What's a good amp and the whole speaker set? Say I have a $450 limit. I already have the box, I just want to get some good subs that will sound good with the amp.

I have a realitive who can get me a head unit, I can use the one I already have till then.

I just want to plan this out when I save enough.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2139
subs and amp for $450 I can manage.

try two Kicker CompVR 2+2 ohm DVC 12" subs ($99 each) and a Kicker KX600.1 amp ($265)

that's about $450, or close to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us