Does anyone Run Premeir subs?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 275
The TWS-3004spl versoin is appealing to me because they are 1000rms and 3000max.
I have bever used Pioneer subs before, how would they be as they are SPL subs I am wanting to compete with them

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1520
it seems to be a desent sub, but the MSRP seems kinda high ($270).

i have a friend w/ 2 12" premier TS-W5000SPL's...he does 146ish in a jeep grand cherekee. (1000wrms per sub).

but IMHO, its hard to beat RE SX's...(price and performance)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1521
do you have any REAL specs on that sub? (ex: T/S ?)

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 281
2076_4061_153020681%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4061_153020681,00.html

(SPECS)

the W5000SPL are HUGE he must have a crappy set up then Im guessing!
those things are 2000RMS 5000MAX....and WHY would he buys those....they are around M.S.R.P. $900.00 a PIECE....Im guessing your friend is LOADED

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2209
Don't bother about that MSRP thing

3004 sub - saw it online for $125

5000SPl sub - around $499 online , both NOT ebay prices

Pioneer once held the world record with about 12 of those 5000spl subs - its on their website .....

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1522
they still do hold the record...

scott owens...180.6 ? (i think)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2214
How strange eh - with so many big guns around that "lowly" Pioneer is holding the world's DB record ..lol..Upload

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1523
pioneer..."lowly"...yea sure.

pioneer makes some pretty good stuff, its just that most of the time you see the walmart type stuff. (yea..literally sold at walmart)

pioneer premier is pretty good. that tws5000spl is a beastly sub. (not to put scott owens # down, but he has pioneer and a whole team backing him 100%...and his install has ALOT of money in it. From what i have heard, he didnt even design the box....it can form a guy in Findland, its a band-pass wall.)

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 282
SO grabbing 2 12" TWS-3002SPL subs would be ok...I plan to beat Kicker L7's...is that possible?..plus blow Clarion out of the water!

thanks!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1524
i cant say for sure that the 3002's are all that good...i have only hear the 5000's.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1525
* 3004's *

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 285
Well the 3002 are DUAL 2 ohm...and thats what im gearing towards,

the 5000D need ALOT of power I'd have to buy 2 of my amps to run them at reccomended RMS...and thats TOO much money for me!..as my amp is $1,800 retail....

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 287
"but IMHO, its hard to beat RE SX's...(price and performance)"

Re sx will cost me MORE than the Premier subs as the prices are U.S so it be like 500 bucks to ship them to me...which is WAYY too much for what they do.
The Premier 300SPL subs can handle more power and SPL is what im gearing towards....So for my needs the 300's sound better fit...and they are ALOT cheaper!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1533
i was looking at MSRP

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 291
Yeah even at $270...to get that shipped to Canada would still be $350-400...Re Sx is $500 or over...thats what turned me off buying an RE..I was totally going to but too much!

Bronze Member
Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 11
You can get that TS-W3004SPL subwoofer for more around $220 easily. I'm from Saskatoon Saskatchewan and there was a car audio show that i got mine from for $211 when they were first introducing their new products and that was almost a year ago. I wouldn't be surprised if their 2006 lineup is almost out, which will result on a lower price. I still only have 1 of those subs but i plan to get a second...and even with just one of those subs in there it shakes the living crap out of you. I'd recommend it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us