JL 12w3v2

sanjuanero
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone, i have had a 12w7 running off a 500/1 (in ported enclosure) for a good while and i need to sell it because of financial problems. i have a friend who can sell me 2 12w3v2 for a good price so that i wont be without bass. i know the w7 is a monster but how exactly would the 2 12w3v2's compare to one 12w7 running of the same 500/1 amp?

sure_13
Unregistered guest
i have two 12w3v2's, and they hit pretty hard, i have heard two 12w6v2's, and mine definately wont hit as high of an SPL, but its really not too much worse at the lower volumes. I talked to a rep. from JL audio, and he actually admitted that the w6's hit harder than the w7's. Coming from a representative, I'm guessing there has to be some truth behind that. So I'm guessing they will not be too far apart, although 2 subs may take more power than a 500/1 get them as loud. I'm no professional, but thats my two cents worth.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2128
the 12W3v2 are nice subs.
Not a W7, but you'll definately have bass, and they are well made.

sanjuanero
Unregistered guest
thanks alot guys, i have one more question: can you reccomend any good sites to find a ported enclosure for these 2 subs? or if i have to get a box custom built what specs do i ask for? if this helps 1 12w3v2 requires 2-3 cu ft of space and a slot port tuned at 30.8 Hz

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2508
you could have one built, and JL has the exact specs for ideal boxes on their site for that sub

sure_13
Unregistered guest
I have a slot ported SubZone box for my 2 w3's. It is just about perfect for those subs. I got it for $135. I highly recommend a subzone slot ported box for your subs.

sure_13
Unregistered guest
I have a SubZone slot ported box for my two w3's. I would highly recommend a subzone box for yours too. I got it for $135, dealers around here ask $150 for the dual slot ported.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us