Kickercomp vr wiring

KickerSlompVr
Unregistered guest
Can somebody give me a detailed explanation of how i should wire the inputs on the kicker comp vr 12's and then wire them to my amp (interfire 1000 watt 2 channel) im sick of being able to fry eggs on my amp and burning coils left an right. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Subman15

Lwarenceburg, Kentucky United states

Post Number: 24
whats the ohm load on the amp, and what are the ohms on the kickers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
what is the ohm load on the amp, and are the kickers dual 2 or 4 ohm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
that first post was a mistake

kickerslompvr
Unregistered guest
dual 2 ohm voice coils i think the amp is 4 ohm stable, circuit city wont return the dual 2's and give me 4's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
the only thing you can do is wire both subs to 8 ohms. you dont need 1000 watts to each sub anyway. wireing them to 8 ohms will not over power your subs. <a href="http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC2x2here">

kickerslompVR
Unregistered guest
so by haveing both subs wired into series and bridged into my amp. how many watts rms am i sending to each sub and how many ohms am i running at? whats the most i should send into these speakers cuz i think rms is 400?

kickerslompVR
Unregistered guest
so by haveing both subs wired into series and bridged into my amp. how many watts rms am i sending to each sub and how many ohms am i running at? whats the most i should send into these speakers cuz i think rms is 400?

kickerslompVR
Unregistered guest

kickerslompVR
Unregistered guest
so by me having them wired in SERIES and bridged into my amp, how many watts am i sending to each speaker and what am i running now 2 ohms or 1? if i send them up to 8 ohms how many watts will be going to each speaker and should i bridge'm ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us