W6v2 vs alpine type X vs IDMAX

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 231
which sub wins? all are about the top of my price range, and ill just buy whatever amp after i decide the sub. i want really good SQ but still want it to be able to hit hard. was probably leaning toward the w6 or the idmax. what do u guys think, oh yea, and it will probably be in a sealed box

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1059
1.IDMAX
2.Type-X
3.W6v2

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 169
Go with the IDMAX they are great subs. put it in a sealed box and get a nice set of component speakers/amp and ull be set.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 233
yea, not getting the comps'/amp until Feb. so tired of having no bass/having to listen to everyone elses shitty subs at my school. so its unanimous that the idmax wins?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2155
I agree with CB's order ......

Bronze Member
Username: Suphahighfly

Post Number: 18
i'm sure image dynamics has its own site, but i cant seem to find it. would someone leave me the url

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1401
the idmax is going to oust the w6 in output. but the depth, fullness and accuracy of the w6 is incredibly difficult to surpass. here, i would give the two a draw.
the type x is definitely a good sub, but doesn't have the pure potential and capabilty of the others.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2521
I agree with mikechec9 /

I whould say the ID MAX and W6v2 are both excellant.

They are in class of there own

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1069
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/index.php

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2575
IDMAX gets my vote.:-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 235
alright, thanks guys, the only thing is, i thought the idmax was cheaper, but the w6's are going for like 240 on ebay and there are only used idmax's. if the w6's are 50$ cheaper im probably going to choose that, although it would be nice to have a warranty

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2162
New IDmax is around $330 online + s/h , 1 place i saw it for $300 ......

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 236
link me the the new ones? the ones i saw when i googled were like 299. the w6's on ebay were like 240.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2171
who me ? - if its me u are asking about ID then

http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=list&category=I mage%20Dynamics%3BSubwoofers&start=10

& www.woffersetc.com

soundomain always say 'out of stock'.........

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2172
not http://www.woffersetc.com

but www.woofersetc.com

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 237
i think i might go with a W6 for like 245 off ebay instead of around 300 for an idmax..the W6 wont have a warranty, but jls have a pretty good rep of lasting a long time, at least longer than a year which is the length or a warranty anyways, correct? i would take an idmax off ebay except i dont see any new, and i dont want to buy a used sub

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2191
Nice price ! - if its new , thats about $100 cheaper

Me personally if ever i decide to go with a single sub etup - it would be either JL 12W7 or IDmax . Idmax is 1/2 the price so i'd prolly pick that & used the saved $ to buy a high quality amp . I like my 2 sub setup but 1 day i will try it out ......

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 238
well see my trunk is mad small so i think im just going with 1 12" thats going to be in a wedge box that goes up with my hatch. if i could make the wedge box with like a port on the bottom before it was angled on the front, then i would just get 1 SX. but i dont know if ill be able to do that, so i decided to start looking at subs that would sound better sealed, like an idmax or w6. ill probably wait until a new idmax hits ebay, but i dunno how often that is.

Bronze Member
Username: Ford_on_20s

Jacksonville, Florida Us

Post Number: 32
rovin im just curious what kind of setep do u have ? i know you've said you got a 2 sub setup what kind of subs and amp u got ? and in what vehicle if u dont mind my asking

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2210
click on my profile & u will see .

Received my deck & 545 amp last wk - rest was already bought & will be shipped down to me from FL when my bro gets back from vacation ...

My model of car has never landed in the USA so here's a pic i took of it in my back yard

Upload

I have alot more pics but saving them for when i install my system in ........

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 239
if you could have an sx ported or an idmax sealed what would you want

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1177
personally, the sx ported, im like 80 spl 20 sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums