GlassWolf and Others HELP ME!

Bronze Member
Username: Ducati1331

Post Number: 12
I need a good system that can shake my car. Its a 98 Sunfire...yea laugh im a guy in a red Sunfire. But I want a sub, so when people laugh at me in my car. I can turn it up and laugh at them. I am looking at a Pioneer Premier TS-W2000SPL (750RMS)(12") and a
Kicker 03 CVR 13 (1000RMS)(18"). Im saving 100$ with the TS, but gaining 250 Watts with the Kicker. Also, what do you think would be a good AMP to run those. Im trying to stay within $600 with the Amp, Sub and Capacitor but will probably go to 700. Or how many Watts do you think is good.... hit me back ASAP...thankyou everyone

Username: Rollinondubs

Post Number: 9
Dude why dont you just get 2 CVR 15s. Ditch the Pioneer idea. Also look at Avionix for a high power amp on a low budget http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/db1100.htm. You probably wont need a cap and you can get all these within your budget. Believe me, they wont be laughing anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 450
get the dual 2 ohm version for the 18" VR and buy a hifonics brutus BX1000D - 1000w rms at 1 ohm and forget about a cap it doesnt help any power problems or anything...

you can also check out Rollin's idea too hehe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Bacon i like the VR 18" plus you dont see a 18" sub in cars just b/c its so big. But the Hifonics BX1000D...do you think its good...cause i havnt really looked into them...so anyone one else tell me about Hifonics..................

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Rollin should i get a cap just incase???????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Alright ive narrowed it down to 2CVR 15" What Amp is good that can power these with some ease that are under 350. And should I GET A CAP

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 36
....Ducanti....

just read any thread on this board about caps, you never ever ever NEED a cap!!!

they are a waste...just get a bigger alt. you may have to save another $200 for an alt. but it is well worth it.

also you may wanna look at adire subs. they are for the most part very affordable. they're great subs too.

also if your going w/ a sealed box, look at the JBL BP1200.1, it would be well within your budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ok thanks...so get a alt...will do, im looking at 2 15"CVR. Think i should get them. If so tell me a amp that will be good with the kickers.... or recomemend some more

Pat L
Unregistered guest
Dont buy a Cap- if you think about it a cap dosent get you any where. By not buying a Cap you can save $100 or so and invest it back into better subs or the Amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well if you got 350 for an amp then check out the Avionix website http://www.avionixxusa.com/ep/db1800.htm for this 1800DB class D mono amp that runs 1800 watts RMS @ 2 ohms or check out the 1100DM mono 1100 Watts @ 1 OHM. It all depends on the Subs your get and the RMS rating. I believe the CVR15s run at 500 watts RMS each so the Avionix 1100DB would run each at 550 watts RMS each if you bought the dual 4 ohm version of the CVR15s which would put a total load of 1 ohm on the amp. Be SURE to get a high quality 4 Guage power wire kit from an audio shop AND a fure holder kit & fuses. Dont skimp on this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Oh yeah, if you want a class D mono amp that runs a 1 ohm stable, and you get dual 4 ohm subs, make sure you wire each sub in parallel. That will put each sub at 2ohms and together will be a total of 1 ohm load on the amp to get the most out of it. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp If you want a higher power amp you do run the risk of blowing your investment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Its bacon is right, the Hifonic Brutus BX1000D is a nice amp but can run you about $450. And the rest of the guys are right, you dont need a cap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
One more thought since Im on a roll. As mentioned by Marshal the JBL BP1200 is a nice amp at about $280 http://www.epinions.com/615059_JBL_1200W_x_1_BP1200_1 and would give you a little extra punch. If I had to choose between the avionix 1100 and the JBL BP1200, Id choose the JBL BP1200 for the CVR15s. The JBL BP1200 runs at 2 ohm stable so you will need to get the dual 2 ohm CVR15s wired in SERIES to get a total of 2 ohms on the JBL amp to get the full 1200 watts RMS. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 39
if you go w/ the JBL 600.1 you dont have to worry about get DVC 2 or 4 ohm subs....either will do...

you can use a 2 or 1 ohm load w/ that amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I am looking at the Hifonic Brutus Amp and I can get it for $350. Its 500-1000RMS...and the max is 1000. If i put it at 1000 would that be at risk of wrecking it in any way. Also, if I get the Brutus since its a MONO AMP should I go with a Kicker03CVR18 since the amp only has one port for the sub...should i go with a more powerful sub or stay with the CVR15's. Just give me some help PLEASE..................

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Mono block amps will have 1 port(channel) but somtimes offer more terminals(not channels). Just simply connect both speaker wires together and use the 1 terminal. Class D mono amps are the best way to go for deep heartpounding bass when it comes to quality subwoofers. And 2 CVR15s will be louder than 1 CVR18. The Brutus will be good with dual 4 ohm CVR15s wired in parellel for a total of 1 ohm load on the amp. This will also give you 500 watts RMS to each sub which is the recommended RMS wattage. And no you wouldnt wreck your subs by running them at the recommended wattage. The Brutus will give you 500 watts RMS for each sub (1000 watts divided by 2 subs). On your last note. The subs themselves arent more or less powerfull, but its a matter how much you need to put in and how much you expect to get out. Will putting 1000 watts RMS into 1 CVR18 be louder than 1000 watts RMS for 2 CVR15s? No.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Here is a closeup of the Brutus. Notice the number of terminal its offers and yes its a class D MONO amp. javascript:enlargedImage('http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/view_large_image_frameset.pl?sku=HIFBX1000D')

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2124
many better mono amps offer 2 sets of speaker terminals to make wiring two 4 ohm subs more convenient.
they are still both wired to the same mono channel though inside the amp.

some even offer 2 pair of RCA inputs for front/rear in case you run both sets of inputs to teh sub amp, so the fader on the ehad unit won't affect your bass levels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ok thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Quick Question...isnt all that stuff going to drain my battery... if not than ok i wont get anything but i think it will. what do you recomemend.
Oh yea im getting the Brutus Amp and the 2 CVRs15". So would those drain my battery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
and im guessing the Brutus has 2 terminals...but if it only has one, i can connect the two subs on that one?...Right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I can get a Brutus for $350 new...im just a little short on money or i could get it for $299

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Dude your trippin. Lots of info here. Did you even read the post SHOWING you the additional terminals on the Brutus amp. And yes it will drain your battery, thats why you have an alternator to keep your battery charged.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2169
the alternator may need to be upgraded since that is what supplies your electrical power and not the battery when the motor is running.

Username: Vance

Post Number: 1
I hope im not to late lol.First Go with 2 Adaire Audio Tempest's(sp). They would hit VERY hard.Cream the Kickers IMO. The JBL 1200.1 would be a perfect match for them and port the to 25hz and u will be very happy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
yea but now i need to buy an alternator thats like 200 more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
b/c a stock aternator holds 100watts easy... and a 500 watt system uses more than 5 times the amount...1,000-watt system, the charging system will have to produce 160 amps to keep the decibels pumping - which is way more than any stock alternator can produce.
Whick no stock alt can do...so yea i need to get an upgraded one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Anyone know where i can get a better alt.... or should i just buy another battery?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Straight Trippin

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2217
www.mralternator.com
www.4alterparts.com
try those
or ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Thanks Glass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
One more quick question...now that im way over budget but oh well...its for a good reason...The Brutus is going to be run at the 1000rms...than my two CVR15 at 500 rms apiece...that would be a total of 2000 rms...Right?...and do you think a 160 amp aternator would run that. Thats the most powerful one i can find...hit me back anytime you got...cause now i got to make some MoNeY!! thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
One more quick question...now that im way over budget but oh well...its for a good reason...The Brutus is going to be run at the 1000rms...than my two CVR15 at 500 rms apiece...that would be a total of 2000 rms...Right?...and do you think a 160 amp aternator would run that. Thats the most powerful one i can find...hit me back anytime you got...cause now i got to make some MoNeY!! thanks again

Bronze Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 55
just count the watts the amp produces RMS...not the watts the sub can recieve....

thats an ebay style ploy to sucker people into buying a "1200 watt" system when its really a pair of 150watt rms sub and a 300 watt rms amp...its really misleading...just count the RMS of your amp

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2256
you're @ 1000 watts.

the speakers' ratings are just a thermal max rating for what they can handle without damage.

1Kwatt is about 100A of current at full output, continuous.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
ok so a 160 amp Alternator will handle it no problem...and i wont need to buy anything else. correct? just get back to me as soon as you can...thanks so much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
ok so a 160 amp Alternator will handle it no problem...and i wont need to buy anything else. correct? just get back to me as soon as you can...thanks so much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Hey Glass, you think this will shake my car pretty good...lol. Im hoping it other people will feel it just as much as me...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2265
should be good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
thanks alot man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Hey Glass, if you get this or not its cool...do you think I could go with 105 Amp Alt instead of a 160?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
nvm dont answer that..i read it in the other one...but thanks

Unregistered guest
IM thinking how would 6 10w7 will sound on my navi..? will it sound better then 4 12w7 ??
or 2 13w7..?
if any one have any input please email me at

Or should I go 6 12w6v2..?
IM new at this my thing is speed but not IM getting system. i cant put nothing on a race car but i know i can do something wild in my navi
i want to be a show stopper so when u r showing off with your and IM coming in the same block this is what IM looking 1 i want to hurt ur feeling, 2 i want you to envy me , 3 i want you to drive away with your music off thinking about me
. That's how load I want to be ..
now i have 2 13w7 but IM not happy so which six should i pick can any one help
ryansfather22@aol.com

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2558
add the power you'd be giving each setup, and compare the differences.
then add cone surface area and compare totals
then add combined Xmax (one way excursion) for each setup and compare
look at all three comparisons together.

see which would move the most air.

Unregistered guest
well i had changed my mind im going to with 4 mtx 9512
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us