Couple questions

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 685
#1. I have an 80 amp stock alt. It is running a aftermarket HU and a 500rms class A/B amp. The lights dim slightly when everything is cranked up but barely dim when the car is moving. How much more can that thing handle? Can I go to a 600 or 800rms class D amp from either Kicker or MTX or something?

#2. I am keeping my RE's for my SQL setup but I want 1 15" for major SPL (with some SQ mixed in). I can do a 4-5 cubic foot box tuned to 35Hz. It would get about 500-600rms to it. I was thinking about either a CVR15, a Type R 15, or a Diamond audio 15. Any input on that would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 360
look im really getting tired of seeing your g@y posts no offense..i dont care what other people say go ahead and get you a 1000watt amp off that stock alternator I do it and its fine except my lights dim but you shoudlnt be blasting it that loud all the time anyways....sh!t you switch system ideas/setups like ppl change they draws wtf

Silver Member

Post Number: 686
any other opinions. Ya, I do post a lot on these types of issues. I like a variety of different opinions and such. Not only does it give me different ideas but it really lets me know what I want and am wanting to get out of my system.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 516
First off you better hit the crack pipe again if you think your going to hit "major spl" with 5-600 watts. And the diming lights situation, you do realize class d amps are more efficient than class a/b. A/b are designed for front/rear fill for clean sound. Class d are designed specifically for subwoofers because there sound isn't as clear as a a/b amp. So you will probably still have diming with 1kw but upgrade to a g31 yellow top and upgrade your big 3 to 1/0 anything more than 1kw get a h/o alt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
Ya, so I could get a Kicker 600.1 and should be fine? That would be awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 521
If you got that amp you probably won't have your lights diming. But if you do do what is suggested above and you should be alright.

Silver Member

Post Number: 688
and by major SPL I meant, as much as I can get from my setup... I know it still won't be loud compared to most SPL competitors but I want as best as I can get it with 1 15". And would that Kicker 600.1 be too much for 2 RE12's? :/ They are 175rms apeice but can handle the Kicker 450.2 (500x1) just fine... I would keep the gain pretty low on them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
NVM about the RE's question. I would have to run the amplifier at 4 ohms mono because of how the VC's are configured. It would give it 300X1rms (rated power) but probably would be more like 400rms. What would be 1 good 15" that would get loud, low, and sound good that could take 750rms in a ported box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
how would 2 CVR12's be compared to 1 15"

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 602
ok use my sugestion that i posted in you other thread asking pretty much the same question. http://www.nthcoast.com/Products/CarAudio/ShockerSubwoofer/ShookerSSSub.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 691
too low RMS if i get the kicker 600.1

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 603
well in the other thread you said you were going to use the amp u got now, which would push that sub perfectly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
true, it just depends.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 606
true, imo i would almost gurrantee that the shocker sub would own the cvr, and type r in spl might get beat in sq though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
what about a Diamond Audio subwoofer? Are they supposed to get pretty loud/deep and sound pretty good? Something like the DIAMOND AUDIO 15 M6 TITANIUM. Thanks dustin for the help.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 607
to be honest i really don't know that much about diamond audio. from what i hear there subs are more for sql but im sure in the right box they can probally get very loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us