RE vs. Eclipse

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 683
With a 500RMSx1 kicker amplifier, would 2 12" Eclipse Aluminums (450rms apeice) or 2 RE12's (175rms apeice) be better... I will be building a 5 cubic foot box tuned to 35Hz for them. I currently have the RE's and even if I got the Eclipse's would probably keep them but are the Eclipses really good?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2503
2 RE 12's whould be the way to go since you are only playing with 500 watts rms kicker amp. If you had a 1000 watt amp then i whould go with the Eclipe Aluminums. Besides the RE 12's are nice sub with that amount of power.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 684
Ok, thanks for the advice! What about doing 1 15" Eclipse or 15" Diamond Audio and building a 5 cubic foot ported box for it? How would that sound?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2504
IF you want overall SQ you will wanna stick with the 2 RE 12's / trust me. Unless you are gonna go all out and buy a new amp. Right now you are probably running those RE 12's perfectly with the electrical system you currently have. Once you start getting into bigger subs be prepared to spend more on bigger amps and eventually a HO alternator and bigger gauge wiring.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 601
if you want an all out spl sub to use with that amp look at these http://www.nthcoast.com/Products/CarAudio/ShockerSubwoofer/ShookerSSSub.htm put one of these sub in a 4-5cf enclouser tuned to 45hz and im pretty sure you could get close to 140db.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us