What do you guys think

Anonymous

i have two 12's right now that take 1000 rms a piece, and an amp that puts out 1000 rms. thier the lanzar heitage HRWDC12s and lanzar vibe 1800D amp, would i get better sound quality and spl if i bought the type r's because they take 500 rms a piece and they would be geting there reccomended wattage or should i stick with the lanzars even though im only giving them half what there rated at. both setups would be in a ported box tuned to 34 hz

2 alpine type R or 2 lanzar HRWDC12's

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 127
lanzar in general is not a very good car audio company. I believe that two properly powered type-r's would sound way better and probably even louder than those lanzar's. Also, that amp probably isn't even putting out a true 1000w rms.

Anonymous

you think it would be louder or just clearer

so your saying that if i swap out the lanzars for the type r's id notice a good change or bad change

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 188
i dunno depends

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 117
I can't really say that you will notice a big difference or not. Sure, the Type R's are awesome subs, but you need the right power plant to get them moving. No offence, but Lanzar sucks, lol. It's right there along with pyramid, sony, pyle, etc. That amp will probably make the type R's sound like garbage, and may not sound much better than your lanzars. The best thing to do is get rid of the subs and amp, get 2 type R's and an amp that puts out true clean power. Look for something like MTX,RF,JBL,etc or if you have the money look at JL or other top brands. If may cost more money than you expected, but put those 2 type R's in a ported box built to specs and paired with a good amp, you will get very loud, and notice a HUGE difference from your system now.

Anonymous

i need help, can anyone sincerly help me because if the type r's will sound louder and clearer im gonna buy them right now on ebay only 2 hours left

Anonymous

so my amp isn't gonna make the type r's sound good

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 132
like he said, you kinda stuck unless you get a new amp too. That lanzar amp isn't putting out clean power and you wont really know how well those new subs would sound. They have the potential, but you would need to eventually upgrade your amp my friend.

Anonymous

i only have 200 bucks and i dont know anyone thats gonna want that amp, ill probly only get like a hundred for it on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 118
it's like this.....The Type R's will sound better than the Lanzars, so if you are REALLY stuck, then you can get the Type R's now and power them by the amp you have, but MAKE SURE you keep everything low because the amp isn't a good match for the subs. You don't want to damage your subs by anyway. Make sure you buy a new amp ASAP, to get the full potential out of those subs, and to prevent damaging your subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us