Non-name-brand subwoofers

Username: Hex0rz

Post Number: 4
This absolutely perturbs me. I don't understand the difference between these name brand subwoofers I see at Car Toys or anywhere else compared to these subs I see on the net and stores.

such as: www.electronixwarehouse.com The best subwoofer I could find is the SPL sub for $180. Look at the wattage on this sub. Why would I be paying this much for that sub?

All I have as of now is 2 MTX 4500's. I just wonder if I made a bad decision buying these subs when I may have been able to buy this "generic" sub and get way better bass.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Anonymous

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1478
why do you call the $180 SPL sub the best sub on that site?

just becuase its "rated" for 2200w?...just because a sub is claimed to have a high power rating doesnt mean it will take that kind of power, sound good, or get loud.

lower end subs manufacturers exagerate specs on there equipment to sucker in those who dont know any better....the average joe see's "2200w" in big bold letters and thinks its automaticaly better than another sub rated for 1000w.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2030
that site on the whole carries POS brands .....

find the REAL brands on a site like www.woofersetc.com then google it for best price online .....

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 290
That site was funny as hell. Every single brand they carry suck. The only one that is OK is cerwin-vega, and they arent even top notch.

Post Number: 5
If you look at the SPL sub it also has some other appealing things to it. I did'nt base it just off the wattage.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1479
what other appealing things?

that site doesnt give you any REAL info on the sub...ex: T/S parameters.

Post Number: 6
I'm a very skeptical person too about the quality of these subs. That is why I asked. I considered the fact that the magnet was large and the rubber surround also. Then I figured it must have good bass when you combine it with the power handling.

I was merely curious on what others thought about these subs. I was by no means serious of buying these type of subs.

Let me ask this instead. Who here, besides me, thinks that the reason why these subs are cheap is because of the material it was fabricated from? I mean, if you make a sub with poor materials, you will get poor sub quality. Right?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 752
inexpensively and poorly constructed in china with inferior parts and design.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 753
but hey! it comes with a deluxe case!!! My friend's audiobahns came in a wooden box too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us