SX15 ported IS LOUDER than 2 12" Type R ported

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 285
I heard both of these and the SX15 ported hands down hits lower, and is louder than 2 12" type R's. The SX15 was powered by a RE 12.1 and the type r's a JL 1000/1.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2487
Hey mike, glad you liked your setup. The SX 15 is a loud MFer.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 509
Ok if it is louder I will bet both of you that I can make two r's louder than 1 sx 15. You must remeber the box is the most important thing in the install besides the equipment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
Its My set-up vs. my friend's set-up. We got dB metered and I hit 144.8 and his was 142.6

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 596
hey how do u like that re 12.1 amp, im thinking about getting one.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1476
what vehicles and what freqencies?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1477
also...what meter? (TL, AC, linX?)

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
My bet is still on the table.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2488
Im interested in a RE 12.1 also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
mine = 1997 camaro z28. his is a 1998 caddie sts. I really like the 12.1 its a good amp. mine is 4 cubic feet tuned to 32Hz. i don't know what his box is.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 124
how much did you pay for the amp, with shipping and everything.Im also kinda interested in one, and i have a sx 12" on the way

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2566
congrats mike.:-O

Bronze Member
Username: Jtj5002

Post Number: 11
Mike from TCAB hit 154 with 2x type R :p

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 320
"Mike from TCAB hit 154 with 2x type R :p"

You mean Mark?

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
wow thats loud man... i was basically just saying that my SX15 was louder then my friend's type R's. I can't even listen to the music at 144 dB anyway... its to loud

Bronze Member
Username: Jtj5002

Post Number: 12
oh ya mark :P:P my head hurts o.O

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 387
Hmm...the z28 is a hatchback, vs a caddy with the box in the trunk? If his setup was less than 2db quieter in this situation - I'm willing to bet that his is actually louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
well he took out his back panel and has the subs aiming up, which is almost like a hatchback lol.

I was looking at my deck and i only had my sub preout at only +1 and it can go to +7, and the bass on my deck was at -6 and that can go to +7. I'm going to have it metered again with the gain on the amp up 5/8th (same at b4) and I'm gonna put the sub preout at +5 and the Bass at -4. I know you are all wondering why I don't just go +7 for both of the settings, but i have a feeling for some reason that it might blow the SX15. I don't know why i think this, but i want to be on the safe side. Plus i beat my friend with the settings as low as they were so I was happy.

When i make those changes and add more edead I'm expecting like 148-146. We will see.

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
I bet I can make a Avalanche louder than your SX with only 1000 rms :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 297
oso, not to be a d!ck, but i really don't care if you can make 2 type R's louder or an Avalanche louder... Its not like we are goin to meet and have our own little dB drag race.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 604
LOL i bet i know some1 with 2 10's that will get louder than all of you. But hes useing a lot more power too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Then don't make bullsh1t threads on bullsh1t subjects. (oh yeah that was meant to be a d1ck)
Each and every person can have there own opinions but there are a lot more things involved in comparing a type r and a sx. Instillation is everything. Oh and by the way I am louder than a guy with 2 sx12's in a jimmy and thats not with my mt's that was with a single ava 15 and i was outpowered by 2000 watts. Install is everything.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 364
damn chill we all know it depends on the install the guys just trying to voice out his personal experience sh!t who put sand in your vag!na

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 608
LOL, well in other news, mike how much did that RE 12.1 amp cost, including shipping and everything.

jcash
Unregistered guest
lol oso thinks he's the sh!t now since he barely started going to competitions a couple months ago he thinks hes a pro..... I guess hes mad cause he always gets beat on competitions and comes over here and talks sh!t when hes on his period. Chill dont take your agression out on mike you were a newb a couple months a go and all of a sudden you thimk you the sh!t please your just a nobody trying to get attention just ignore this b@stard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us