Frequency cancellation

Bronze Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 19
I Have A 8" And A 12" Sub In The same Corner In My Home When I Play 1 I Hear Lots Of Bass But When I Play Both I Hear Less..OH And Its Not A Matter Of Power Or Anything Cause They're On Seperate Amps.Their Frequencies Are Close Could They Be Cancelling Each Other Out.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4017
One's probably out of phase.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
They Are On Separate Amps...Separate Channels Of My Pre Amp.It Has Nothing To Do With Wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4018
Just because they are on seperate amps doesn't meen anything. Make sure they are both in phase, that's usually the number 1 cause of cancellation. If your so absolutely sure they are in phase, (or if you don't know what phase is), then make sure they are pointed in different directions as well.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2024
yes it does !

if either sub is wired wrong it means 2 types of sound waves are being reproduced cause if 1 speaker is pushing out like normal while the other is pulling in resulting in cancellation ...Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
They are in phase and i tried pointing them different directions no dif.Whoa Rovin

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2031
then throw way the 8" & play the 12" Pioneer - lol

.........Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
lol i was usin a 6x9 and 8 fur mids i was jus tryin to figure out if i was goin deaf or if it was freq cancellation.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2046
even if all are in phase what happens is that with different sizes of speakers they still tend to cancel & distort the others - i experienced that a long time ago when i used to mess around with different sized speakers i found lying around .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us