My p3's don't sound as loud as i want....

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i have 2 12 inch p3's... 500 rms each... ihave them connected at 1 ohm to a audiobahn amp... 1200 rms at 1 ohm... i have in a sealed 3/4 inch mdf sealed box... just wondering if i got a ported box would make it louder?? i had a crappier system and it seems like i felt that system vibrate my car more.... it was a port box but too small for my p3's that's why i went to sealed... if you could help thanks... need more info just tell me..

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2012
Dual 2 or 4ohms subs ??????

3 P3 = 500x3 = 1500wrms

with all 3 connected u will end with a fraction NOT 1 ohm exact so aprt from the 1200 (wrms ?) its getting even less than u think ....

IMO - porting could improve it temp until u buy an amp

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 146
i would port it and get a new amp maybe a 1000bd rockford, its not bad.

rovin he said he has 2 subs so he could have 1ohm if there dual 4ohm subs. i know you just misread it.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2016
guess i did - my bad ....had some other threads open & i guess my 'wires' got crossed -lol

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i'm going to stay with the amp.. don't want to spend much more money... like would the ported make my car vibrate that much more than a sealed?? what kind of prices you think would the ported be???

Greggs
Unregistered guest
i was also wondering... i have a capacitor that reads 12.7... when the subs hit hard it jumps down to 11.5 or so.. and the head lights dim .. i got it so the lights wouldn't... i got the battery checked and it is in "good" condition they said.. so i'm wondering if i should just buy a battery that is stronger??? is that a possibility for not as loud as i thought they would be?? if so.. what kind of battery do you recommend...?? run 2 batteries?? if so .. how to hook them up?? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 116
I generally found that when I switched boxes from sealed to ported, not only did it get louder, but I could feel the vibrations of the low notes much louder. Everything vibrates in the car now with the new box.

For the cost wise, it could only cost you $50 or so if you knew how to do it your self. All you need is 3/4" or 1" MDF board, glue, screws, caulking, etc.

Greggs
Unregistered guest
so if i have all that.. how do i go making it ported??? i'm not real good with boxes at all so take it easy... like right now i have 3/4 mdf box sealed... like if i put holes in that it would be technically ported... but i don't think it would sound better....?? i might just go buy one for 70 bucks done customed..??

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2023
u need to know what vol is rec for ported - check on RF's site - simplest way to port a box is use pvc pipe .
use calculators on www.the12volt.com to figure it out .

Greggs
Unregistered guest
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063547&CategoryDesc=PL1%20Enclosures

this is the site with the enclosure that they sell ... prolly like 150 ducks... so how could i mimick this?? let me know what i should do... the enclosure i have now is just a simple sealed box for 2 12's.... i can get dimendions if you really need em

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2026
that would be extremely hard to replicate cause i'm guessing that u did not see a cutaway of that box - it has internal chambers .

$150 is not bad @ at all considering its a new(?) factory made box . Google or ebay & u might find it cheaper ............

Greggs
Unregistered guest
what would be better... bandpass or ported??

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 253
ported definately. bandpass is teriible just boomy flat sounding bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us