Re sx , plz help with wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 91
hey guys, just received my 2 re sx. i will be running these 2 sx with orion 2500d amp which will put around 1700 rms.
on each sub , their are 4 + - & + - pannel things. Should i use both positve and both negative , or just from one side.
whats will be the difference if i connect to all of the + - connections on the sub.

here is the picture of what i am talking about.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 927
are they 2ohm or 4 ohm

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 928
also 1700 rms per sub will blow your subs in like 5 min

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
they are 2 ohms. and 1700 rms will go to both subs. cuz 2500d only gives 1700rms at 2 ohm

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 932
1700/2=850 per sub, u can wire them to make a 1 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
i just tried to run them , by putting the neg and pos on one side of the sub and it didnt work. No sound came, just little tick tick happend and thats it :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
bro i tried but the subs didnt work. i only put + and - to one side of the sub and subs didnt make a sound.

how can i wire them to 1 ohm?
this amp puts 2500 rms at 1 ohm so i guess that will be my best choice. But plz tell me how to do this.
also is this noraml that the subs are not working when i only wire them to 1 of the + - connectors?

thankx

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2011
Upload

also
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
hey bro i just tried one sub first, just to test it, but sub still does not work. All it does is a tick tick tick noice when i hook all the + - terminals. this is how i wired it exactly as it is in this picture below

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2015
could it be a short somewhere ?

or

Is your gain turned all the way down ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
hey bro, this is whats happening now. First the amp was working fine. i was running it with my other 2 subs but now the amp wont turn on and it keeps bruning the fuse that i have hooked up to my power wire. All the wiring and everything is the same. i just replace one fuse and then again turned the amp on and right away the new fuse blew. Can this be cuz i dont have good ground or how else to find out whats going on. Is this like a short somewhere? but how do i find out.
oh and for a second the suv lights go dull a bit and then they are ok. This happens when i guess the fuse gets burned.

i hope i dont mess up my amp or subs :-(

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2022
i'm wondering if a single strand of + wire from either your power or speaker wires are grounding off a neg wire ? .......that happened in my bro's car 2 times & he had 2 go get it repaired .

remove all wiring going into your amp & reinstall & see what happens .......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us