13.5 W7

Username: Cashmore

Post Number: 1
well i got me 2 13.5 W7's in ported boxes tuned down to 30hz. I have a 3000 watt SPL amp powerin em and all stinger power cables ( 0 gauge), grounds, RCA's, and speaker wire. i have the whole truck dynomated which is a 97 Z71 ext cab... ne body know what my DB measure should be the boxes are perfectly tuned. or have any idea about what i will hit. im treing to beat 2 15 L7 solobarics with about 1000 to each

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 179
well your not gonna beat them with a box tuned to 30hz, you have to tune the box to your cars freq for the loudest response

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2003
Issue was pretty much discussed last night in his other thread

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/172350.html

jcash
Unregistered guest
yeah what rovin said search.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4977
Why in the world would you want to compete with a garbage sub like L7?? You have subs that's made for SQ. That would be as foolish as a guy with L7s wanting to compete with you in SQ.
If all you wanted was SPL, then RE MT would've been much better choice. That will pound the crap out of your car, as well as beat L7.
Heck I have RE 15" MT that's practically brand new. I'd trade for your 13W7.
If you have RTA, figure out which frequency responds better in your trunk/cabin.
Then tune the port to that. You won't get much SQ, but it sure will be loud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4978
Me wanting to trade for 13W7 has nothing to do with RE 15" MT's quality. It's just too loud for my car. Once you experience the thrill of triggering car alarms in your block, it gets boring. No more challenge left.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 383
Heh... triggering car alarms does get old fast... Although, I cant help but smirk when I pull into a parking garage, and set off car alarms several floors above me.. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Cashmore

Post Number: 20
how do i know what to tune for my truck??? i have an extended cab Z71 97 model..... what would yall run i want it to rumble everything as well as be extremely loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 4993
Cullen, you really need my RE MT sub!
Anyhow, if you don't want to trade, get RTA and analyze your cabin's response using pink noise.
It'll show the frequencies that gets reflected back louder/better.
Then tune the port to that number.
I really hope you won't be using JL W7s for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us