How much in dollars

Anonymous

i want to build a 3.5 cu ft box tuned to whatever will be the loudest and clearest, what should i tune it to and how much am i looking to spend if i buy the wood say at home depot, and what other supplies do i need

Anonymous

anyone?

WC
Unregistered guest
haha you only waited 12 minutes be patient for that you dont deserve an aswer . Oh wait it will be about $200.......

Anonymous

screw you theres alot of people here who SHOULD answer my question. GTFO

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1459
3/4" MFD - ~$25
1 5/8" deck screws - ~$6
tube liquid nails - $3
tube caulk - $3

Anonymous

200 dollars just for the wood to build a 3.5 cu ft box

Anonymous

but i want to double baffle it,how do i do that and what are tube liquid nails, and tube chalk i can get that at home depot too? oh and marshall, what is the best to tune it to, i listen to rap, but i like higher freq bass too like in bia bia, how do i get that bass to be loud and the lows too.
thanks for all you help in advance

Anonymous

marshall?

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1460
for a double baffle, you just have to cut a second baffle out and use wood glue and screws the hold double up the baffle.

liquid nails is a type of wood glue...kinda. It comes in a tube that you put in a caulk gun to apply. (if you dont have a caulk gun, you can just get some elmer's wood glue.) caulk is applied the same way...you can also get caulk in pressurized tube (kinda like EZ-cheeze) if you dont have a caulk gun.

i usually tune my boxes between 30-35hz.

one more thing...make sure you predrill all your holes.

Anonymous

do you think this is to big of a box for one 12, and will this box hit highs and lows

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1462
what sub are we talking about here?

(most 12's like 2-3cuft)

Anonymous

its a lanzar heritage 12 dual 4 ohm that takes 1000 rms 2000 max. i know i know its lanzar but im still saving for my 2 type r's, i have the vibe 1800d it puts out 1000 rms at 1.3 ohms and 800 rms at 2 ohms. so i have the sub wired to 2 ohms, right now i have it in a lil 1.0 cu ft sealed box 5/8 mdf and i dont like the bass response, so i want to go ported but i just want it to be as loud as it can for a lanzar, im leaning more towards spl but not totally, i want a sql setup, so can you help me out with the size box i need and thanks again marshall

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1468
try ~2.5cuft tuned to 30-35hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us