What can this hit DB wise?

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 653
1 15" avalanche in a custom ported box with 5 cubic feet tuned to about 26Hz powered by a Kicker 450.2 (500rmsX1) amp. I know it is hard to tell but what Would I look at hitting? Will that be a lot louder than 2 RE12's sealed with the same amp(what I am running right now)?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1182
guess, if built strudy and correctly: 142-145

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1183
actually 140-144 i forgot it wasnt getting full power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
that is still pretty damn loud isn't it? I mean I am used to smaller systems. How would that compare SPL wise to my 2 RE12's sealed?

Gold Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1017
yeh anything over 130db is loud. Since its only getting full power, i think it'll be as loud as the re 12's..Only reason is because the 12's have more surface area and getting full power compared to the avalanche only getting half the power it needs.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1447
why not try the 2 RE12's vented?

(you already have them, so all it would cost you to build a box would be ~$35 and time)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3987
"actually 140-144 i forgot it wasnt getting full power."

You must be psychic....

People really need to stop guessing how many decibel's a system will hit. I've said it a million times, it's impossible to guess. Quit worrying about it and go get metered.

"1 15" avalanche in a custom ported box with 5 cubic feet tuned to about 26Hz powered by a Kicker 450.2 (500rmsX1) amp. I know it is hard to tell but what Would I look at hitting? Will that be a lot louder than 2 RE12's sealed with the same amp(what I am running right now)?"

I know you want to get the best for your money, but again, it's impossible to say. Just buy something and try it. It's all you can do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
How would the 2 RE12's sound in a 2.5 cubic foot per chamber box tuned to 32Hz? Would that be a good amount louder than my sealed right now?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3992
If your going from sealed to ported then yes you'll generally have a db increase.

Either setup is gonna sound good though.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1451
try a 3-3.5cuft box tuned to 32hz w/ ~30-40sq inches of port. (both subs in the same chamber)

that should be louder than your current sealed boxes...if not you dont like it, you'll only be out ~$35 max.

Silver Member

Post Number: 665
How do you get the tuning? How do you get it to 32Hz. Can someone get me dimensions for a box with 3.5cubic feet total (for 2 12"'s) tuned to 32Hz? THanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
And I thought putting both subs in the same chamber was bad.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1453
how wide can your box be and still fit in your trunk?

if it will fit...try 14" x14" x40" box w/ a 13"x2" port 18" long. (in an L-shape)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1454
both subs in the same chamber is just fine.

plus you are runnin both subs on the same amps (bridged?)...so both sub is getting the same signal.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 393
box calculator http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/boxcalculator.asp tuning calculator use bottom 1 http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
no, the amp is running stereo. When I Switch the positive on one with the positive on the other channel then the amp goes into protect at about half volume. Any ideas.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1457
it goes into protection???

those RE12's are DVC 4ohm...rite?
and you have them wired series parrallel...rite?

your amp should see i 4ohm load if you have it wired like that...bridging the amp should be no problem.

make show your bridging the amp correctly...

"When I Switch the positive on one with the positive on the other channel then the amp goes into protect at about half volume. Any ideas."
^^^that statment confuses me...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
I will diagram it in a little bit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us