Alpine SWX-1242D Type X

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 102
i just purchased a pair of Alpine SWX-1242D Type X from ebay for $242.50 + $30shipping. is this a decent deal or what? the sub is slightly used. he used it for one month he said. still in excellent condition according to the seller.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 138
as long as there not blown or damaged i think its a pretty good deal...you can get them for around 300 each new.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 855
great deal, I have seen them on ebay for like 195 a piece, so if thats what u want go for it

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1926
Chad - what happened to the Rs u were dying over last night -lol

U doubled up in POWER , like the price made it irresistable ..........Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
what are you going to power them with and what kind of box are you going to put them in?

i have mine in a slot ported box with 3 cuft on each one and i like it but im sure theres better ways of doing it.

if you go sealed tell me how it sounds.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
i got a slot port box that is 1.7cu ft. i was thinking i can power them with my kx1200.1 for now until whenever i have enough money for another amp. since my amp is 1200watts rms at 1ohm, i figure i can parallel connect them both. only if i had the money to buy 2 jl audio 1000/1. that would be perfect. aren't they 1000rms at 2 ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Rovin-yeah the price was irrisistable. i am only paying 30 dollars more for this than the r's that i was about to buy yesterday. although it is used, hopefully it is in excellent condition like the seller stated.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1934
See what i told u about rushing - told ya so !... lol

& u were about to pay $200 for a single R ...

2 Kicker amps would KICK ! .

1000/1 amps ohms go from 1.5 to 4ohms & i about $800 !!!!!

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12756

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 281
my friend got a great deal on a JL 1000/1. He paid $450 shipped and hasn't had any problems with it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
true. the type r's would have been a lot better with my kicker. now i have to think about buying another kx1200.1 and possibly a new alternator. but still i think 1 kx1200.1 will do a decent job on the pair of type x. it can't sound worse than the audiobahns i have now.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 282
the type X's will be 200% better than the audiobahns you had.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
1.7 cuft seems a little small to me. Alpine says they should be around 1.5 sealed so i dont know how that will sound. i agree 2 kicker 1200.1 would pound the hell out of them.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 733
u really should go sealed with the type x's .. they suit a sealed box over a ported.. 2 cu ft is the max "Gross" volume that alpine recommends.. if u go to much over u will encouter promlems at higher volumes

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
so about 1.5 sealed would be good than. maybe if i put some polyfill inside it will deepen it a little more. the biggest box i can have in my trunk is 1.7 cu ft. i have more space than that but getting it in the trunk is the problem than.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 117
i have one type-x 10" with a kicker kx600.1 and it pounds, even in a wrong enclosure. Im so pissed i didnt get a custom box for it. Ur kx1200 for two of them should be enough for now to get them moving, cuz ur still giving each of them around 700w, since ur amp is probably giving out around 1400w
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us