I am using an ma audio hk15xs the specs are 2000W RMS
4000W MAX
Sensitivity: 90.6dB @ 1w/1m
Mounting Depth 9 3/8"
Mounting Diameter 14.2"
Vented Box: 5 cu/ft
Port: 80 sq/in 13.0" Long
Sealed Box: 2-2.5 cu/ft

I have this in a 5 cubic foot ported box. I am looking to hit 150+ dbs this upcoming season. Is it possible? I have a 96 eclipse hatch so I have that on my side but I would like to remain in the stock class for USACI. What changes will I have to make to hit my goal? I scored a 145.8 with the setup I have now. My sub is wired to 1 ohm bridged and is run by a visonik v900hc which the specs are:
2 x 750W Rms @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1000W Rms @ 2 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1500W Rms @ 1 Ohm Stereo
2 x 2000W Rms @ ½ Ohm Stereo
1 x 3200W Rms @ 1 Ohm Bridged

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1181
get a 9915 or MT and drop it in that box. run it at like .7ohm ,,, prilly will hit 150.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 94
theres youre problem the amp is cheap get a new amp that will push 2000, 2500rms at 1ohm. talk to marshal hes the one i think hit 150 with his 15sx

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1443
yes, 150dB w/ 1 15" sub is very possible...but you cant just stick a sub in a box, hook it up to a 2000w amp and automaticaly do a 150.

I'm doing 147.3 (usaci) w/ 1 RE SX15 and 1200wrms (the sub only sees ~750wrms at my burp freq), but my box is built to peak at my vehicles peak freq.

what freq does your car peak at? do you have the box build "CRX box" style? what does your voltage drop to on burps?

an RE MT and that amp would be ver capable of 150+ in the right hands...its just takes trial and error to get it done.

btw...also try a double walled box (2x 3/4" mdf) and 1/2" threaded rod to brace it. (and duct tape can make you loud if you know what to do w/ it :-))

hit me back...i'll try to help you out if i can.

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 32
I'm not sure what my freq. is of my car, don't know what a crx style box is, and my voltage drops to 11 on burps. I have an alternator when I tested it in the car under a load it put out 174 amps. 2 Batteries and a 5 farad cap.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1449
go to an audio shop and get on a termlab...run a tone sweep and find the freqency you peak at. (then tune your box to peak at that freq.)

a CRX box is just subs up, ports back. hatchbacks tend to like this style of box. since you have 1 sub, try putting the port on the bottom of the box firing back on the drivers side. (if you can get them, try using areo-ports...flared round ports)

MA subs arent really known for high SPL...and to tell the truth, i'm dont really like MA subs at all. you may wanna try a better, more SPL oriented subs...ex: RE MT, DD9515, audioque HD15.

Bronze Member
Username: Titanbk

Mansfield, CT USA

Post Number: 33
my box is sub fireing up and 2 round ports on each side. I know there is big talk about the re mt but I am still alittle sketchy on the idea of a subwoofer with no warranty.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1458
The MT has no warranty because it is built to be abused...and aduse = null and void warranties, thus they offer no warranty. (MT's are made strictly for competition...but can be use daily in the right hands)

but if you do end up blowing it a recone on the MT is only ~$100.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us