Need help with Subs

Username: Cavdo

Post Number: 1
Hey Guys,

Ok, I have a KAC-8401 amp. This a Kenwood 4-channel Amp with 60W per channel. It's 640W peak power amp by the way.

What I want to do it to hook it up to four(4) 6X9 speakers that i already have in my car and to two(2) 10in Subwoofer that I am planning to buy. The amp was originally powering the four(4) 6X9 speakers, but now since I want to hook up my 2 subs onto it, my plan would be to power the four(4) 6X9 speakers of two channels, and the two(2) 10in subs of the remaining two channels.

My question is if the amp is going to be able to push the 4 speakers on 2 channels 60W each. And two 10in subwoofers on the other 2 channels 60W each?

Or should i get a new amp?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 169
deffinetly get a new amp

Post Number: 2
What kind of amp should i get?(make it "good and cheap")
Should it be a 4 or a 6 channel amp?
What if the new amp is too powerfull and it blows my 6X9?
Could i get a two channel amp to power the subwoofers seperately?

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
IMO i would keep the 4 channel amp you have to power your 6X9's and get a separate amp for your subs, what are the specs on your subs and ill tell you a good quality amp for cheap for them

Post Number: 4
What kind of subs I have? that i could not tell you right now cause i have not bought them yet. I have a few in mind but I will let you know tomorrow what kind of subs they are..

thank you for your help and the quick reply..

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
whats ur budget i could help you witha great bang for your buck system

Post Number: 5
200 - 350$ for subs and amp, I am not looking for a "Sonic Tank Cannon" in my trunk. All I am looking for is a Solid base coming out of the trunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
ok id go with one 12" sub and an amp. you can get a alpine type r sub on ebay for about 120 shipped, which will give you loud bass and extreme sound quality. then save up a lil bit and find your self a good amp anywhere from 400-500 watts rms then use that to power the sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us