**Need Advice on a Great System**

Username: Jess86

Post Number: 3
Hi, my name is jessica im 19 and im getting a 1996 nissan 300zx tt in january and was wondering what would be the best system for me...I am very new to this. willing to spend $2000-$3000 US

This is what I was thinking so far
-Pioneer DEH-P9600MP
-2 10" Kicker S10L7 Subs
-Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6 1/2" Component
Speakers
Are these a good choice?
What else might I want?
What amps should I get?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply
Jess

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 87
if u getting a deck, i would get an alpine...what kind of sound do you want? Sound pressure lvl or sound quality? kickers are ok but if your willing to spend that much, you can get alot better quality subs and amp. infinities arent bad but i would second think on the kickers

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 173
ok if your willing to spend 2 grand to 3 grand i would definetly get a pioneer premier deck and the kappas are a good choice but i toatally rcommend defferent subs. are you looking for just plan out loud bass or a sound quality setup. becasue the L7's get loud but sound like crap

Silver Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 152
Get two 15" pyramids, and get a blaupunkt head unit, with some audiopipe amp kit, and get a legacy amp, and you'll be set. Then when your done, you can give me whatever is left over.

Silver Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 153
I WAS KIDDING, DONT EVER CONSIDER THOSE BRANDS. I wish i had that much money for a system. Im not going to state my oponion only because i dont know what i would get if i had that much money for a system.

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 77
wow 2-3 grands a large amount ...id go with alpne head unit or get a digital touch screen head unit ....ummm id get like 2 eclipse ti pros 12" and two jl audio 1000/1 amps or prossibly orion 1200d or 2500d .....then the ininifty speakers are perfect (i own some they are amazing) then get a good wiring /instal job...port the eclipses is you want gooooooood sound..all this will be like 2500$ but absolutly blow you away with the ultimate sound experiance lol.....oh and the subs are amazing in SQ but they wont getttt like rediculously loud...

Bronze Member
Username: T0asty

Post Number: 29
well there are many things to consider. buying online or retail? SQ or SPL set up?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1180
beje that was well over 2-3G lol. flipscrean is like 1-1.5G amps are like 1.5G theres 3 G lol. now what bout the subs and speakers n stuff lol.

the kappa perfects are good components.
tell us wether or not you want extreme loudness or sound quality or mix (SQL) and i'll help ya out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
umm well from a dealer thats the prices but off line you can hook up a brand new system like that ez uner 3000$...the subs are 486$ a peice thatts like 1g the you can get one orion 2500d amp for like 800$ then flip screen for like 600-700$ or a head unit for 300-400 so now your at like2500$ plus componets and wiring so 3000$ give or take 100$ or so

Post Number: 5
mostly sound quality but I want to be heard too

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 246
well if you want good quality and loud and have the money you should look into JL audio maybe a couple of w6v2's and Jl 1000/1 amp or 1 W7 12 or 13. Infinity is pretty good quality you could get a 2 ch amp for the front components

nice car btw are you gonna do any other mods and turn it into a show car.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 577
if you go with eclipse go with the ti's not the ti pro's. the ti's are sql subs and the ti pros are spl subs, and some other subs to look at would be adire brahma, Re xxx, ascendant audio but there subs aren't out yet, mtx 9500 series, or mabey a DD 3500 series. Im not sure on H/U or speakers.

Post Number: 7
Yeah im gonna do alot to it lol heres a few things...HKS GT2530's, HKS front mount intercoolers, nismo 740cc/min, specialty z stainless high flow cats, HKS Carbon Ti few other mods too but thats off topic

So most people have told me that the kickers are crap so Ive changed my mind on those...and quite a few like the jl and eclipse do these two have good quality? I started to look at some of the eclipse subs and what do you think about the 12" Eclipse Titanium SW9122 Subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
they are good subs for sure but dont be fooled just because eclipse and jl are name brands done make them the best....the tip pros are amazing subs i have one 12" im not running it but its a great sub in both sq and spl.....i am running MTX right now and id say for the $the MTX 9500 is amazing its sq is great and it hits real hard plus its like 400$ compared to jls w7 that is like 600$ and the 9500 can get just as loud and sound just as good as tthe w7 without any strain

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 578
that eclipse sub is very nice, it will have great sq and get pretty loud. between jl and eclipse there both great companeys but jl is overpriced, so i would with eclipse but its up to you. and kicker subs are ok, but there for ppl who don't have a huge amount of money to play with.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
nowi know all opinions are differant but i happen to own several subs just so you know....i have 2 10 infinity kappas ...i have 2 MTX 9500's, 2 8500's and 1 7500 all 12" and i have 2 jl w7s 12" and one eclipe Ti pro 12" i run the MTX 9500s the most just for sound quality and issues related to that but i have the w7's set up too and they bump and sound great...the eclipse is also amazing it sounds like a pair of 12"'s and it can sound good at the same time if you want to save your cash id go with MTX for sure i have alot of experiance with them and they are definitly a good comapny plus they give out a full coverage warentee for 3-4 years on the 9500series...aka if you blow it they will replace it

Bronze Member
Username: Eddyg519

Post Number: 24
Eclipse is known to be a very high end brand, but personally i would go for something along the same quaility but for alot cheaper, as eclipse is an arm/leg.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1928
I posted this , this morning in the same thread that ran in the amp section where surprisingly only 2 ppl answered ..........

welcome to the forum - it shows that u have done your research & that's a sweet ride too ....

Deck - good , but get the Premier version instead it has a few better features like higher voltage output etc . $450-500

Infinity Perfects - name says it all .around $300 or less .

Amp for it - $225 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=592

2 subs - $600 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2059

2 amps for it - $590 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=250

total $2275 .... google the model nos & it will be found cheaper . $ is also needed for wiring ,materials , box & install fee if u getting it done by a shop .

U can get cheaper brands than the JLs above , i posted some more higher end equip so post back if u want some lower 4 subs/amps choices .....

Upload

Post Number: 8
What do you guys think about this?
-Pioneer Premier DEH-P960MP (Upgrade to Pioneer AVIC-N2 around spring)
-Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 6.5" Component Speakers (Upfront)
-Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.1 5.25" Component Speakers (Back)
-1 x 12" Eclipse Titanium SW9122 Sub
-2 x 10" Eclipse Titanium SW9102 Subs
Also need 3.5" Any ideas?
This was a friends idea for my car just different brands

What would be the best amps for these?

Thanks again for all your guys help

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3985
Drop the tens and just use two 12's. No point in mixing sizes really.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1943
Jessica - What do u think of my suggestions ? .....Upload

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4955
Jessica, you really should go listen to JL 12W7 in a HO box before spending money.
I can almost guarantee you, you will love the sound quality. It will also be heard a block away.
Unless you have passengers at the back, rears are not required for SQ.

Post Number: 10
All of the suggestions have been great...
Where do you think I can hear them at?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1951
@ your local audio install shop !? ....

I think all of us can safely agree on your deck & comps choice - its all up to u to pick subs (how loud & degree of sound quality ) & then the guys could rec a appropiate amp .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
K ill have to try n hear those in a couple days

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
was looking around online for the JL 12W7s in a HO box and cant find a ton of them and the ho boxes only hold one sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Transient

TaosUSA

Post Number: 12
Jessica, what u 1st said is great. All u need is a good 2 ch. amp like MTX. They're small & powerul. All that is well in your budget check out etronics.com or sonicelectronix.com.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4958
Jessica, you need to contact JL for the location nearest you. Yes, it is for 1 sub. However, due to the box design, it'll sound louder than couple of subs. This is why I suggested to you, that it's best to listen in person.
You will be very impressed with the SQ and loudness.
Be careful of eBay. Lot of them sell abused JL W7 in HO boxes.

jonathen
Unregistered guest
If you want a loud system, get 5 18' inch subs, 10 tweeters, and a 2 10,000 watt pyle amplifier.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 289
Get:
DEH-860MP pioneer premeir 300 9600 is not worth it
2 Zapco Reference 1100.1's 1500
2 Diamond Audio D9's 650
Zapco Reference 350.2 375
DLS Iridium 6.2's around 500

Cabling box alt(s) and batter(s) maybe 400-500
No rear fill, and use all symbilink cabling. Uprade some batteries, and get 1 or 2 HO alts.

That would be over 3, but that is what i would do if i had the money and i didnt care about my hearing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us