Good idea??

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 100
hey, right now i have 1 15" 500 watt rms clarion subwoofer and i plan on getting another soon. the amp, i cant afford something of real good quality but sony.... i know they are garabage but they are pretty cheap too, and i would need some thing for temporary use, i want to know if 1000 watt sony amp will power them good? and im very aware they are garabage but i dont care i just need sumthin to power my subs. i will try leagcy or pyramid too if the sony fails.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 102
stores around here are just way too expensive.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 103
any one????

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3972
If it's your absolute last resort, but everybody's gonna tell you your wasting your money. You'd be much better off saving your money and buying something more reliable later. Look at Audiobahn or MTX, something of ebay, anything before you go sony...

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 818
whats ur budget

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 105
my budget is like if i save 2-3 paychecks could be around 400-450 $$

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 833
Like joe said, look into Audiobahn, Hifonics, Cadence, MTX, or DEI all can be had for like $200 and less on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 26
The new SONY amps are CEA compliant, and I've known kids to run them for a good long time. Are they really that unreliable?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3975
Yes.

Bronze Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 29
Are they just built cheaply and burn out? Or are they just really disliked? I've been mulling over this for a while; I don't need amps I have a complete setup but I've recommended the Sony amps to people on small budgets in the past, hope that wasn't that awful of advice.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3978
They're mass produced cheap pieces of crap to be blunt. Sony doesn't care about the quality of their products, they cost so little to produce, that they easily make enough money to cover people returning products so often. You could probably buy a sony amp and end up getting 3 different replacements, and Sony would still have made a profit.

Bronze Member

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 33
aaah that would make sense.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 106
at sears there is a jensen mono amp, it says that its 650 watts peak, 129.99, is jensen better than sony?? cuz its mono and im only useing 1 500 watt rms sub for now and if 650 is peak what is its rms? ill use 1 mono amp per sub when i get another sub ill get another mono amp and would have only spent, for 2 subs is 205.00 x2 = 410.00 and 135.00 x2 = 270.00 = 680.00 + HU i already have is 210.00 = 990.00 on a system. i only bought my van for 465.00! and i have spent 200-300 on it not includong system. is jensen good? can i use this "650 peak" on my subs or should i just forget that idea? i cant buy off the interent right now, i have an ebay account but the credit cards got behind and my dads gonna be more behind because hes going to be off work in about a week cuz he is getting a hip replacement, i have a job of my own and im only 15 i dont have credit cards yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 83
try JBL, theyre amps arent bad

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 107
my problem is there is nowhere close to here with audio appliances, except places that sell cheap junk, or too expensive quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 85
check online

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 108
k read back and you will see why i cant.... i can check but i cant buy

frkkevin
Unregistered guest
Just order from ebay and use a money order. I also went the route to get cheap components for my first system but now I'm going to wait and get something worth buying. No point in buying something you will soon replace. I was running a Kenwood KAC-7201 800watt amp to 2 MTX 12s. I only paid $75 for the amp and I'm sure you can pick them up on ebay fairly cheap. It has been a good amp to me and I've never had any problems with it not to mention if you decide to get another amp it is expandable with an RCA-out. Either way your best bet iss ebay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us