Amp power question

Bronze Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 73
i have a kicker kx1200.1. at 2 ohm it puts out 600watts rms. i connected 2 dvc 2ohm subs in a series-parallel connection so i get a total of 2ohms out of the two subs. so are each of my subs receiving 600watts or is that divided by half.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 132
each will get 300w rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
thanks. that what i was afraid of. i think its time i invest on another kx1200.1. that way i can parallel connect each dvc 2ohm subs to get 1ohm each. kickers are 1200watt rms at one ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 133
thats a good idea or get dual 4ohm subs. with getting another amp you will need a new alternator and maybe battery.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
true. how about if i get 2 alpine SWR-1242D. they are dual 4ohm so i can parallel it to 1 ohm. but my amp puts out 1200watts rms at 1 ohm and the specs on the alpine is 500watts rms. so that means each sub will get 600watts rms. can the alpine type r subs handle that much power.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1869
would be way cheaper to buy new SWR-1242D cause on ebay its $220/pair . While that amp would be like $400/500 .

U simply don't turn your vol knob all the way up ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
are those b stock on ebay? cause i heard glasswolf saying in another post that ebay stuff are mostly b stock. that price is really cheap. have you bought some speakers off ebay? if you think its cool to buy from ebay than i will look in to it. just have a hard time trusting people on ebay with all the bad stories i hear. especially when it comes to electronics.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1875
I myself never trusted ebay but so many ppl on here said they got good deals from reputable sellers so i just looked @ it for curiousity sake .

the only other cheaper online site i saw the Rs for are $135 each with free s/h .......

http://www.carstereoland.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&g_code=20057117255390 57298

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us