What would be the best sub for a 500/1?

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Im looking for some good quality but also really REALLY LOW bass. I was thinking one w6v2, or 2 w3v2's. Which would be better? Any other sub suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 821
How about a 10w7? It is PERFECT for that amp!

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
I hear it really isnt worth it though over the w6v2 for the price difference.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 241
you could get a 13w6v2 that would sound real good and probably a little deeper than the 10 w7. 2 12w3v2's would be louder but may not be as deep as a 13w6v2.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 447
First choose your system layout in this order;

Subs, comps, x-overs, amps, eq, , multimedia, hu, wiring, distribution blocks, alt, Big 3, and battery.

Then choose quality, quantity, and name brands.

This will help you achieve your goal and will definetly build a solid system. If you start from a different point it will create problems. Trying to match up an amp to a sub will limit your sound. Keep in mind that you may use a more powerful amp with a lower rated speaker and be ok as long as you have self controll. Running a smaller amp to a higher power handling speaker will ruin your speaker due to distortion prior to reaching max output from your speakers. The amp will clip, and you will be dissapointed with the sound.

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Good advice. Yeah, I see what you mean, but Ive had a 500/1 before in my current system, so I know that a 500/1 is a good investment, and I like to keep the same brands together, so I was just trying to figure out which sub would sound the best off of a single 500/1 - 10W7, 13W6v2, or 2 12w3v2's.

I had 2 12w3v2's before, and sure, they were loud, but I was a little dispointed when it came to being very low. I'm looking for like, -when your talking it drowns out your voice- low. heh =)

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 244
ya it kind of hard to tell it all depends on your install you could make each of those choices louder than the other i have heard the 10 w7 before and the 13 w6 and i have 3 12w3v2. but as far as comparing the 13w6 to the 10 w7 i believe the 13w6v2 would be a little deeper. if you want ultra deep you would have to go w/ either the 12 w7 or 13w7.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 453
Name brands are last in line according to my advice.

I would rather use the step program above and identify what I want. Then I would sell the JL amp and buy the stuff that fits. All though JL is a great brand it may not be wise to try and find something that might work. Chances are that it may not work well with other setups.

Heres another excellent rule of thumb.

When designing anythig;

Functionability should be 60% of your priority. In other words, make sure it works.

Sufficiency should be 30% of your priority. In other words, make sure you have enough parts, volume, etc... (materials) to do the job.

Efficiency should be 10% of your priority. In other words, make sure you dont drain the powerplant, your pocket, and or any other resources.

Keep the percentages in this order, otherwise any changes will compromise the final result.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us