Adding a second sub and amp

person
Unregistered guest
Currently I have one 12w7 with a hifonics brutus 1500d amp. I was thinking about adding another 12w7 and that same amp. My question is would I need a bigger alternator and/or battery? Its in a 2001 dodge neon.

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 235
Yes u would need to upgrade ur alt and batt!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1824
that amp def CANNOT push 2 of those subs which are 750wrms @ 3ohms each .
The impedence would be a problem & not to mention that amp is UNDERRATED in actual output power ....

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1340
he said he's buying a second amp, so as to push 1 sub/amp. and they're actually overrated. but i caught your drift.
the neon's current alternator is likely already being strained by the one amp as it is. you will notice a considerable power/output increase if you upgrade your alt with your new amp.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1826
oh - i had a bunch of threads opened @ the time & that part about buying a 2nd skipped my eyes , my bad .....Upload

thing is i would never put a cheap amp like hifonics to such good subs - if it were vice versa then sure but i know how the $ thing is , been there done that -lol .....Upload

True that he will need to upgrade electrical ...

person
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice guys. I figured I would but just wanted to be sure before I went out and bought. Rovin, what is wrong with hifonics. I have had it for almost two years and have had no trouble and it pounds my sub. I know its not JL, but I had a friend with a 1000/1 hook it up to my sub, and then I used my hifonics and did not notice a difference. But thanks again for the advice. This forum is the $hit for audio info.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1832
No offence ,I did not mean like Hif was crap or anything - its just that with the calibur of JL i would try to get something a bit closer to the status like maybe something from Orion/Kicker/Mmats/Xtant/Diamond or even MTX/JBL .
But hey if u have it 2yrs now - that proves that it works for U .......Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us