3 Eclipse 15"s, 1 re sx 18"

Anonymous

this tax return check i am going to spend a lot of money on a new system and i want some input, i cant afford 2 18" eclipse subs so i am going to get 3 15" eclipse subs (the ones with real thick surrounds, 750 rms i believe) and 1 18" sx. I want to mount the 3 15's tucked back in the trunk facing the rear bumper and mount the 18" in the center of the trunk with the motor facing up. I have the 1500 htc audiobahn amp to power the 3 15"s and gonna buy a ppi amp to power the 18". My question is will it sound like $h!t with two different brands of subs and i know i dont have enough air space, will that cause it to sound bad too. I am just so addicted to car audio and i want something that looks tits. Also could i pull it off with one high alt and a good good batt? Please dont call me an idiot its just something i really want to do. Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Or any warnings about what i am getting in to lol

Going in a 95 lincoln continental thanx!

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 782
are u taking out your backseat

Anonymous

it all depends, do you think it would be a good idea? with that many subs i didnt think it would be neccesary.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 783
im just thinkin that u will not be able to fit it all in your trunk

Anonymous

that is a good possibility, i could get the 3 15"s in there with a custom install but its gonna take some thinking to try and get the 18 to fit.lol if i can do you think it would sound good or would they cancel eachother out?

Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 4
Why not just 4 of the Eclipses and another of the same Audiobahn amps run a pair off each? Then you can do the install the way you want it to look plus the 15 should require less air space. With too little air space your system won't sound good, the enclosure is VASTLY important and must be at least close to correct for the subs. If you want to know how it will sound I recommend downloading WinISD just do a google search for it.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 111
the thing is, you might be able to "fit" all those subs in your trunk, but you probably won't be able to give each sub the proper box volume each needs. Especially with sub like that, the re sx 18 alone can use a 4-6 cu. ft box, and alone would get d@mn loud.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 112
i just reallized the previous post pretty much said the same thing...sorry

hippopanonymous
Unregistered guest
anon...
do u have the charging system for this...your going to need 3000 watts rms ++++ more maybe. That means alot of power is going to be drawn....new upgraded alt...new battery...new wiring
then comes the fact tthat there is no point in doing all this....if your talking about the 15 inch Tis...one is all u need....people have hit 140+dbs with one with GREAT sq still. The sx with to much power is going to bring down spl and not hit fast just low. Also the audiobahn amp wont run the 3 eclipse ti's...they are dual 4 ohm so your going towire to either 2 ohms or to .5 ohms...which the audiobahn amp wont handle.
Why dont u just do this..
sell the audiobahn amp...dont get 3 15 tis...get 2 and then get 2 jl 1000/1s or 2 ed nine.1s.

This wont hurt your charging system and wont be that expensive and u will be able to fit 2 slot ported boxes tuned to 28-33 hrz and it will be loud and sound great
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us