SQ designed ported enclosures

Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 1
I have a trio of Bostwick HDPRO 8ohm 10in subwoofers. My question is, if I built a ported enclosure tuned to around 30hz Win ISD says these subs will play completely flat to about 25hz, to top if off the boxes only have to be 1.4 cubic foot each with reasonable ports (13in). The EBP on these subs is only 43 which I've heard should be used for a sealed enclosure but I would like to know why this is. My main concern with this setup is going to be SQ, these subs are going to be ran off of a Soundstream Van Gogh 600.2 and I have another Van Gogh 600.2 thats going to run the Pheonix Gold Xenon 6.5 set. I'm wanting to get this right the first time so I'de really appreciate any input on this whole setup (btw it's going into a 1991 Prelude) Thanks in advance everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 189
"if I built a ported enclosure tuned to around 30hz Win ISD says these subs will play completely flat to about 25hz"
So you've decided to ignore cabin gain then?

"My main concern with this setup is going to be SQ"
Then why not just go sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 724
lol thats a good question.. if u want sq go sealed .. to make a good sounding ported box you need alot of port area and tuned low .. mid - high 20's and in a small enclosure that gives u a rediculously long port.. id just save the trouble and go sealed ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us