Wiring Help, 1 DVC and 2 SVC subs

Username: 99mitsubishigst

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey, I am pretty new to this, and have a single 12" infinity DVC @ 2-8 ohm and 2 10" Infinity SVC @ 4 ohm. Can I hook all 3 of these subs to one 2 channel amp, wiring the DVC down to 2 ohm on one channel and the 2 SVC subs down to 2 ohm on another channel?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1779
Would be easier if u posted the amp's model no just so that we know what it is.

Placing different sized subs together is a no-no , u get sound coloration & cancellation issues .

Also what u are asking would present different loads on each channel & i don't think thats healthy for an amp . Use the 2 10s only or use the single 12 DVC with each channel on each voice coil .

Username: 99mitsubishigst

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
I actually dont have an amp yet. Thats y I am trying to figure out what the woring should be. whether to get 2 amps or if I can run them off just one... Y would there be cancellation issues if there was a crossover on each sub tuning out different frequencies? My friend is a sound engineer and is helping me with the install since I am not the most knowledgable in this field. I am looking at the Infinity amps to keep consistent with the whole setup, but am open to input.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1783
If thats what u are intending to do with the different frequencies then buy 2 separate amps . Not sure what u guys are planning but when ppl are using 10s for different freq they are usually SPL competitors with like 2 massive 15s/18s using the 10s for mids ....

Infinity are famous for components & ppl do use their subs but haven't heard of many using their amps (could be ok amps - i can't say) ....

Mono amps are used mainly for subs ,u can do 2 chan if u like .....

If it were me i'd either use the 2 10s only or a single 12 only ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us