How would you....?!?

Unregistered guest
Just might be a silly question, but how would you go about wiring up 2 subs to a one channel mono amp, or would you even want to?!

Any feedback helps. Thanks.

im2dyverse@hotmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2017
sure you could and would.. but it depends on what load the amp is stable to, and the coil configuration of the subs as to how it'd be wired.
if the amp is 2 ohm stable and you have two 4 ohm single coil subs, you wire both straight to teh amp in parallel for a 2 ohm load and max output from the amp.

Anonymous

if u just take the + and - from 2 dual 4ohm subs and wire them directly to the amp, so theres 2 sets of wire (+ and - from each sub), at what ohm would the subs then be wired?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2032
mono amp, 1 ohm

Rhino20
Unregistered guest
The subs themselves are 2 ohms, (the Apine Type R's, 1000 watt max, 300-350 rms)...

Rhino20
Unregistered guest
Also, I might be getting a different amp...
a 2 channel 2000 watt Legacy LA2060 amp, which isn't the orginial monoblock amp that I was talking about (the JBL bp1100.1 or JBL 1200.1, as I have access to both), but I'd like to know which of the 3 would SOUND the best (THD, senitivity, Signal-to-Noise Ratio, and all that shitte are important, as well as SPL and SQ)... Also, would the 2 JBL amps overpower my subs?!?

Any help would be great...
Thanks.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2069
Legacy is total crap.
if you have two type R subs, go with the JBL BP600.1
it's stable to 1 ohm, and will give each sub the 300wRMS that the subs are rated to take.
good pairing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us