2 subs or 1 sub setup?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 189
hey im trying to decide between a 2 or 1 sub setup. I want it to get loud but i want really good sound quality. I was thinking about either 2 RE SE's or 1 RE sx. i have to go with 10's due to limited trunk space. its going to be driven daily for at least 2 hours a day. what are the pros and cons of each side? which would be louder? which better SQ? any info would be greatly appreciated thanks. oh yea i was thinking about 700-800 for the price range for subs and amps/ but id prefer not to go too high because im going to have to get a new alt=/

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4123
I would go with a ID max sub ported and feed it somewhere between 500-800 watts:-) kicker 600.1 JL 500/1 they would both be very nice:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 69
if you can spend about 700$ try looking into a mtx 9500 12 and a hifonics 2000d or possibly a kicker amp.....dont got iwth jl to expensive unless you have the $ then they are a great amp

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 190
i heard mtx's sound like sh!t and like i said i want really good sound quality, and i cant go with ported either, has to be sealed. lol. 3000GT trunk is like 5 inches before it hits the hatch so me and a friend are making a triangular box

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4135
OK ID max sealed:-)

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 193
how much do id max's run... are they better than sx's? and i assume your saying youd prefer a 1 sub setup over a 2 sub setup?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 740
u might find one on ebay for about 200-250, and they sound a ton better than sx's but dont get as loud.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4142
A SX will get louder but the ID max will get plenty loud and is personally one of my favorite subs EVER:-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4143
you can get them on ebay for around $200-$250

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1765
About $300/330 - u can also consider 2 10s IDQ series ,check it out on their website or www.woofersetc.com has them

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 197
alright thanks...can anyone tell me what the relation will be between 2 subs versus 1 sub tho? what would be the relation between 2 RE SEs or like 1 id max? in sound quality and loudness that is

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1771
with the IDmax 12" its 1000wrms with the IDQ 10s its 300wrms each

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 199
thats why i said ixmax vs 2 RE SEs :-p the SEs are 1200wrms and the idmax would be 1000.... but rms alone doesnt mean which would be louder, and which would setup would have better SQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us