Can you say holy SH!!!ttttt

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 66
yeah so me n some buds put sojme cash together over the past year or so and we bought 2 18" KICKER solo X subs put em in seperate 6.7 cu FT enclousures tuned to 28 Hz and we got 2 Hifonics COlosus amps... and put this all into a beutifull jeep liberty.......all i can say is i think i lost my hearing, we turned it up first day and hit 156.8 Db without ne tunning or adjusting.......yeah im pummped just had to share that with yall....

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 166
where was this at, comp, term lab ???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
just a comp program in a garage....we would say its got a + or - 3 6 Db compared to a term lab but were going to take it to a lab in a few weeks and try to hit about 167.0

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 167
best of luck

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1424
what program and mic/sensor did you use?

audio toolbox maybe?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 729
No offense, but if u saved up your money why didnt u save some more and get something that puts out true power Kicker 2500.1, Orion 2500D, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 316
the hifonics is quite a bit stronger than either of those amps chauncey. but those are good amps too.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 754
3200 watts at 70% 2240 rms
Kicker 2500.1 2500+ rms

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 755
the numbers dont lie

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1429
*cough* colosus is 3200wRMS *cough*

not max...:-)

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 759
i no that. but hifonics are overrated, so it only puts out about 70-80% of what is says

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
yeah soo ahh im reading over my post today and i found a large mistake.......and chauncy your right the colossus isnt nearas powerfull as the orion 2500d..i own one by the way powering 2 w7's but the amps we bought were XX maximuses...yeah 10,000 peak 5000 rms...so basicaly the solo X are not depribed of any power what so ever...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
ohh yeah and to update we did 162.3 today but we havent tried scince ....the subs running at one ohm is so unstable we are afraid of blowing them before we get the final reading at the lab

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 763
ohhhhhh, thats cool

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 764
I just cant believe people where trying to argue with me about that.lol

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
hahaha yeah i hate arguing over stuff when i know im right...sorry for the mix up there lol :-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 317
you guys have no clue about the colossus i guess.
like i said though, the kx and and orion are stout amps themselves. but omg, dont sell yourselves short by thinking the colossus is only 70% of that power lol...on the contrary it is much more poweerfull than that, try running it on 16volt at .7 It puts out well over its rates 2 ohm power lol
(trust me, i'm not tryin to prove anyone wrong or anything, just lettin you guys know how powerful these amps are)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 318
beje, what meter did you do a 162.3 on?????????????????????????????????

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3960
".the subs running at one ohm is so unstable we are afraid of blowing them before we get the final reading at the lab"

The load has nothing to do with blowing the subs, if you Hifonics amp isn't stable at 1 ohm then that's the problem...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3962
".the subs running at one ohm is so unstable we are afraid of blowing them before we get the final reading at the lab"

The load has nothing to do with blowing the subs, if you Hifonics amp isn't stable at 1 ohm then that's the problem...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3963

j cash
Unregistered guest
like all companies they have their low end stuff and their high end stuff so the lower models like brutus and all those other amps those are the ones that are overrated. I trust zac on this one since hes the one who goes to comps and has seen alot of different set ups and actually has heard one. Not like other people who get their in formation from other people instead of hearing and testing for them self unless you tested the product dont talk crap till you HEAR it.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 231
those solo x subs are crazy. i actually like them but i don't look at them as a serious nessecary audiophile type sub. they are quite impressive to look at. and are so loud and deep. i remember a couple years ago at spring break nationals hearing the lowest sounding bass i had ever heard from at least a 1/4 mile away it was loud too of course, it turns out it was 2 solo x 18's. it's a crazy loud sub :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3968
"Not like other people who get their in formation from other people instead of hearing and testing for them self unless you tested the product dont talk crap till you HEAR it."

And how many Hifonics amps have you played around with??

I'm not arguing about Hifonic's credibility, I was just curious.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us