Car trunks vs trucks ,suvs ,hatchbacks ,vans

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 379
did u ever notice if u tune a box high in the mid 30s an put it in a van truck hatchback or van it bangs so0 loud an if u put the same box in a trunk of a car its not as loud ys that casue in a a car trunk there s a thing btw the trunk an inside car an in a van or w/e its all open

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 161
thats wrong, i used to have my old setup in a car trunk and it pounded way harder than it did in my suv

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 65
Accoustics all depends on the vehicle. But in my opinion it will bang double in the suv, hatch back. The air enters the cab. Just hold piece of paper in your hand while sitting upfront in the suv, then do the same test with the trunk. The suv/hatch flows way more air in the cab!

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 750
yep

Upload

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 380
thats wat i thought casue in a suv or hatchback its all open nothin blockin

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 499
Diffrent vehicles = diffrent properties. Each car is diiffrent when it comes to the way things sound because each vehicle has a diffrent resonant frequency. What is loud to your ears does not mean it is loud on the meter.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1770
u place the subs in a hatch facing towards the rear & the effect is like placing a box in your house facing a wall or corner .......

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 502
Actually Rovin when it comes to spl you fire the subs up with the ports facing the rear.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 381
so how can u try an get the cars frequency any web sites or w/e

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 233
it can really strange how things work in different vehicles. my friend has 2 12's in a hatchback that are pretty loud and it feels like they are really hitting hard but you cannot feel any vibration on his windshield. i had heard that subs in a suv or truck tend to sound a size bigger so 10's in a truck sound like 12's in a car in my experience this is mostly true.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us