Subwoofer recommendations

SRagan
Unregistered guest
Hello! While searching for subwoofers online, I stumbled across this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's been years (almost 20!) since I've been anywhere near the car audio "scene", and I'm putting together a small system for my tow vehicle ('98 F150). I browsed a couple of local shops, boy have things changed.

Here's the gist:
JVC KD-SH55 head unit (free, what can I say?)
a/d/s 6.25 power plate
Audiocontrol EQS
4 Polk DX7 (well, bidding on ebay)

Reasons for the choice in 5x7 is I remember the old Polk Speakers, and really liked the sound of the 3 way. Nothing brassy, relatively clean *to me*, they fit the stock locations and the a/d/s should be just fine for them.

It's been a while, be patient. From what I remember of the a/d/s it's 2 ohm stable, so roughly 100 watts bridged at 2 ohms. What I'm looking for is a clean subwoofer, probably 8" that would fit the bill. The only ones I've found close would be MB Quart RWE 202. I am watching a pair of a/d/s A8s subs on ebay, that's always a roll of the dice.

Any recommendations on subwoofers? Single 10 maybe? I'm after clean, not *ghetto fabulous*.

Thanks
Steve

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1745
well the 'rage' on subwoofers on this forum right now is subs from www.reaudio.com & Alpine type R in particular ,but there's the lower rms type S ....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1747
just reread your post - if u are especially after SQ then subs by JL , MB Quart, Infinity , Image Dynamics ,Diamond audio would suit u more .....

Sragan
Unregistered guest
Local HiFi Buys has a "30 Year Anniversary Sale" going on, got a chance to listen to the JL Audio 8WO's. 75W RMS. With a bridged 50w at 4 Ohms, should push it just fine.

Sale price is 59.99, for those interested. Hopefully, I'll have this together by next weekend.

Appreciate the input.

S
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us